Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our new 598" N/A did very well on the dyno even with the tame cam to make sure there are not any reversion issues. 735hp 748 lb/ft Hope to be water testing in the next 2 weeks. Big thanks go out to Winspeed & MustangMark for all of their hard work getting the Daytona & motor ready for install. I would also like to thank Nice Pair and Waffleman for the assistance at the treehouse very soon.

Attachments

·
a.k.a. "Mean Pair"
5,961 Posts
Our new 598" N/A did very well on the dyno even with the tame cam to make sure there are not any reversion issues. 735hp 748 lb/ft Hope to be water testing in the next 2 weeks. Big thanks go out to Winspeed & MustangMark for all of their hard work getting the Daytona & motor ready for install. I would also like to thank Nice Pair and Waffleman for the assistance at the treehouse very soon.
I heard they left town! :yes:

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
That's a nice bullet Rob........you should be real pleased with how your Daytona performs once you have it locked and loaded under the hatch!

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all of the kind words guys. We are beyond excited to get this boat wet again and learn how to drive it all over again but now with a little more giddy up.

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
I'm real happy with those numbers out of such a small cam(.610 lift- [email protected]) this thing would be an animal with a larger bump stick
i think rob was going for the "reliability" instead of "liability" motor this time around:hmmm:

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i think rob was going for the "reliability" instead of "liability" motor this time around:hmmm:
Spot on exactly correct. Summer of 2016 when we run the entire Ohio River from the Mississippi to western PA this motor will be perfect! Adam, thanks for ALL of your help.

·
Registered
121 Posts
What is the spec sheet on the engine and what Daytona is it going into?
Reason for my asking is that I am also building a 598 but it will be 8.5 to 1 compression s that I can add a M4 Procharger next winter. The am will not be mild though. I am going with a solid roller.
Mine is going into a 2001 Daytona 26.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What is the spec sheet on the engine and what Daytona is it going into?
Reason for my asking is that I am also building a 598 but it will be 8.5 to 1 compression s that I can add a M4 Procharger next winter. The am will not be mild though. I am going with a solid roller.
Mine is going into a 2001 Daytona 26.
1998 25' Daytona kevlar layup closed bow. I hope Winspeed will chime in with the specs when he isn't busy fighting bad guys. It's hydraulic, I believe 10:1 compression so I can run 91 octane, with a pussy cam to make sure we don't have to worry about reversion because I couldn't afford the upgraded headers at this time. I will post more pics later this week.

Attachments

·
a.k.a. "Mean Pair"
5,961 Posts
1998 25' Daytona kevlar layup closed bow. I hope Winspeed will chime in with the specs when he isn't busy fighting bad guys. It's hydraulic, I believe 10:1 compression so I can run 91 octane, with a pussy cam to make sure we don't have to worry about reversion because I couldn't afford the upgraded headers at this time. I will post more pics later this week.

clapping.gif .................... :)hand

1 - 20 of 110 Posts