Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I'm not one of the regulars. Shown up a few times this year swith the Moo (My first year boating), but thought I'd share this aquisition with the crew.

'75 Sleekcraft 20' SST V-Bottom. My Uncle will be debut-ing it at Sag this weekend (I'll be in Laughlin with the Moo).

How original is it? original Gel, interior, floor, trailer, only things rebuilt are the engine and pump. Needs some things, (Like a blown BBC, IMO, which is COMING, beleive me), new cables, some serious gouges that need repaired and a good color sand. Other than that, gonna be a great boat!

Hope you guys like!

Ray

·
What the Hell is That?
1,633 Posts
Why does it have two ignition switches?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks killer bro!

Diggin the OG metal flake:)devil
Thanks Jimmy! And Yeah! I LOVE that old school look to it! A drag boat that was never raced, and even more weird is it's a V-Bottom, SST's were all tunnel hulls with a special order OPTION for V-bottom. Aristocrats as well. Never seen one before tho.

Will be nice to cruise the rest of this year and next year on Sag with a boat that A) is not painted like domestic livestock, and B) doesn;t explode, burn and sink, lol.

Although the 6-71 on my kitchen counter and Crower fuel injection unit are begging to go onto this thing! And they're winning support from me, lol.

Ray

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nice boat! are you sure thats an 20' sst? i'm no expert but i've never seen a bubbledeck sst before. looks like an 18' too.
I know huh? but yeah, all pics line up with an SST, and it's definately 20' and small change (Much bigger than the Moo, an 18' Sleek Rebel, and an even shallower V), and NOT an Aristocrat. What else could it be?

On the same line, never seen a V-Bottom SST before, which WAS an option, so maybe theres more to this boat than I know about.

Now the plot thickens, someone thinking on the same lines I was for a month deciding to buy the boat or not!

Ray

·
Registered
337 Posts
I know huh? but yeah, all pics line up with an SST, and it's definately 20' and small change (Much bigger than the Moo, an 18' Sleek Rebel, and an even shallower V), and NOT an Aristocrat. What else could it be?

On the same line, never seen a V-Bottom SST before, which WAS an option, so maybe theres more to this boat than I know about.

Now the plot thickens, someone thinking on the same lines I was for a month deciding to buy the boat or not!

Ray
maybe try posting this in the jet section. someone may know something more.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Thanks Jimmy! And Yeah! I LOVE that old school look to it! A drag boat that was never raced, and even more weird is it's a V-Bottom, SST's were all tunnel hulls with a special order OPTION for V-bottom. Aristocrats as well. Never seen one before tho.

Will be nice to cruise the rest of this year and next year on Sag with a boat that A) is not painted like domestic livestock, and B) doesn;t explode, burn and sink, lol.

Although the 6-71 on my kitchen counter and Crower fuel injection unit are begging to go onto this thing! And they're winning support from me, lol.

Ray
You looking to get rid of the crower

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Because it can? :p

I honestly don't know and questioned it as well. It's not hooked up, nor has ever been, according to the owner, so :)sphss
Any Ideas?

Lol I'm 45 going on 21 Lucky. :)devil

Ray
One mostlikely was an electric fuel pump switch.

·
" Live Laterally "
4,536 Posts
Because it can? :p

I honestly don't know and questioned it as well. It's not hooked up, nor has ever been, according to the owner, so :)sphss
Any Ideas?

Lol I'm 45 going on 21 Lucky. :)devil

Ray
That's ok, Lucky is 60 going on 21 himself

·
" Live Laterally "
4,536 Posts
I know I'm not one of the regulars. Shown up a few times this year swith the Moo (My first year boating), but thought I'd share this aquisition with the crew.

'75 Sleekcraft 20' SST V-Bottom. My Uncle will be debut-ing it at Sag this weekend (I'll be in Laughlin with the Moo).

How original is it? original Gel, interior, floor, trailer, only things rebuilt are the engine and pump. Needs some things, (Like a blown BBC, IMO, which is COMING, beleive me), new cables, some serious gouges that need repaired and a good color sand. Other than that, gonna be a great boat!

Hope you guys like!

Ray
I'm liking the steering wheel for sure. Looks like a cool boat. Hope to see it Thanksgiving weekend.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm liking the steering wheel for sure. Looks like a cool boat. Hope to see it Thanksgiving weekend.
Anyone who was at SAG on Friday probably did see it! My aunt and uncle had it out there all day, skiing and such. Dunno if they ran it SAt/Sun or not, but the phone calls and texts I got Friday were all good news! Just got back from a weekend on the river at Laughlin.

Still working on what it exactly is. Noone seems to have ever seen an SST V-bottom before, for one, and apparently custom tops were all the rage back in the 70's, so this one might take a bit of a miacle to ID. I think I can get a better idea from the HID, when (and IF) I get her back, lol.

Ray

·
" Live Laterally "
4,536 Posts
I would post in the tech forums. You should get a pretty good response there.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts