Performance Boats Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rush Limbaugh has put in a bid to buy the St Louis Rams! I think it would be great, always been a Ram fan ..... I could just see all the libs and there anti - Rams bumper stickers on their Prius's ...... hope it happens, it's about time Rams have an owner that wants to win.:)devil

·
Boss of the McIntyre Mob
1,981 Posts
Rush Limbaugh has put in a bid to buy the St Louis Rams! I think it would be great, always been a Ram fan ..... I could just see all the libs and there anti - Rams bumper stickers on their Prius's ...... hope it happens, it's about time Rams have an owner that wants to win.:)devil

We Rams fans want CHANGE!!!!:p

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
He and the owner of the Blues submitted the bid. Apparently there are 2 other groups who have also submitted bids.

Apparently the Rams staying in St. Louis is one of the conditions in the purchase.

I think keeping the Rams in St. Louis would be a poor choice. Bring the Rams back to LA, change their name and give the Los Angeles market a franchise football team.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I don't know what would be more surprising....NFL owners actually approving a sale to Limbaugh, or the fact that he has somehow managed to amass enough money to even bid on the Rams. Either way, it ain't gonna happen...

·
Registered
551 Posts
I don't know what would be more surprising....NFL owners actually approving a sale to Limbaugh, or the fact that he has somehow managed to amass enough money to even bid on the Rams. Either way, it ain't gonna happen...

I might understand the owners problem...keeping politics out of the nfl but not the money. From what i've heard he makes close to 30 million a year and has been doing it for years:)bulb

·
Premium Member
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rush got a 400,000,000 contract extension for the next 8 years and that doesn't include any book deals, speaking engagements, endorsement which probably double that ....

·
8anned
4,154 Posts
As a Rams fan(choke choke), I wouldn't mind this at all.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
He has more money than you can imagine...

Worth about 500-600 million and just signed another 400 million dollar contract...

I think that would be enough to go partners to buy a team...

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
A basic sense of human decency has forced me to stop liking the Rams after the Goldigger snatched them. If Rush could get them and get Steve Rosenbloom involved in the deal, I would love it.:)

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
He and the owner of the Blues submitted the bid. Apparently there are 2 other groups who have also submitted bids.

Apparently the Rams staying in St. Louis is one of the conditions in the purchase.

I think keeping the Rams in St. Louis would be a poor choice. Bring the Rams back to LA, change their name and give the Los Angeles market a franchise football team.
How many times does LA need to gety a franchise team before one stays in LA?:)sphss

·
Registered
2,281 Posts

·
Been here a while
610 Posts
We Rams fans want CHANGE!!!!:p
My dad had season tickets until they moved to St. Louis.

He still drives his '93 Ford Bronco he bought new back at the end of '92.

Definitely hates change.:D

·
detachable member
819 Posts
I loved when Rams were in LA work for a guy that had season tickets for Rams and Angels ,always gave me tickets :)devil
The major problem with the team is they have no money for GOOD players
payin out to guys not on the team :)st

Any change to the front office is good....We Rams fans can only hope

Sh*t how much worse can it get.....only been what 15 games from last win :|err

·
Registered
363 Posts

I'm sure Rush can score a lot of Oxy in L.A.:D

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
I look for Jacksonville to start talking move if they already haven't. Too small of a market and FL is owned by the Bucs and some times the Dolphins. Hell the Dolphins wouldn't be a surprise to move as they draw poorly post Marino/Shula.

LA needs a big new stadium and then they can make a pitch. It's gonna have to be an existing franchise 'cause the NFL ain't adding new ones in this economic climate with existing teams struggling.

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
I look for Jacksonville to start talking move if they already haven't. Too small of a market and FL is owned by the Bucs and some times the Dolphins. Hell the Dolphins wouldn't be a surprise to move as they draw poorly post Marino/Shula.

LA needs a big new stadium and then they can make a pitch. It's gonna have to be an existing franchise 'cause the NFL ain't adding new ones in this economic climate with existing teams struggling.
Even though they started out in Cleveland and the Mobsters took them to St Louis, the Rams are still the football team with the most history in LA. If Rush was to buy them and bring them back to L.A. I would watch them on TV and buy a jersey etc..:)

·
Temporarily Pacified!
5,554 Posts
I might understand the owners problem...keeping politics out of the nfl but not the money. From what i've heard he makes close to 30 million a year and has been doing it for years:)bulb
Keeping politics out of the NFL??????Does anyone see that idiot Olberman on Sunday Night Football.......It's there.

Not busting your balls Framer....just commenting.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.