Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 353 Posts

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Check out my friend Jack Wellers new setup. 632cid, twin custom turbo's, on methonal, all this in the "Head over Heels" record holding PGJ hull. This is one bad ass machine. I suspect that this will be a V-Drive Killer! :happy:
jack weller's turbo 001.jpg
jack weller's turbo 002.jpg
jacks4.jpg
jacks6.jpg
jack weller's turbo 005.jpg
Jack Wellers engine2.jpg

·
Highaboosta
3,431 Posts
Those turbo's are huge.
That looks like 3000 hp there. :shock:
I guess he hasn't seen those headers turn red hot yet :hmmm:

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those turbo's are huge.
I dont think he will be able to use half what that engine is capable of. We will see. He has a hell of a pump in it though.
Oh, and theres no doubt that those headers will have to be wrapped or some shielding built.

·
Highaboosta
3,431 Posts
He will be added to the list with the rest of us who overshot our HP goal to a rediculous amount.
That boat ran in the 7's with a N/A gas engine.
Now there's another 1800 hp on tap.

·
Premium Member
5,115 Posts
Is he really gonna put it on the track??

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts
I hope God blesses him with a shit load of luck!!! He's gonna need it out the back door if he ever leans on it:|err

·
Administrator
16,888 Posts
Good Luck. LOL :hmmm:

I think I have had the least amount of turbo learning curve growing pain. A couple sets of bearings only. That looks like a learning curve the radius of the earth.

·
Or Seth, either one
3,270 Posts
Boat name should be "LAXATIVE"
I'm sure it will produce a bowel movement at will.

I really appreciate the simplicity of the whole package. Almost looks elementary. Super simple, straight forward design, w/o a lot of bling. Just cool.

Thanks for posting!

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts
Those turbo's are huge.
That should be an easy 3k at 25ish psi @ oh hell with it he better have a good drive shaft & an even better chute jacket!! He has the clankers. I met him @ the cove a few years ago

·
Highaboosta
3,431 Posts
Hmmm......
From what I'm seeing those wastegates are plumbed in wrong.
All I see in the pic is the line to the cap and no line to the bottom of the diaphragm.
Maybe that's an old pic and it's been corrected by now.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hmmm......
From what I'm seeing those wastegates are plumbed in wrong.
All I see in the pic is the line to the cap and no line to the bottom of the diaphragm.
Maybe that's an old pic and it's been corrected by now.
yes that was just a mock up so it could be ready for his big party & some pics. He has installed a Boost Leash setup that controls with C02.

·
Registered
39 Posts
twin turbo

Nice setup. Looks kinda familiar.That wastegate location will give excellent boost control. Any dyno numbers? How big of wastegates? The one pic looks like it was strapped to the dyno.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Nice setup. Looks kinda familiar.That wastegate location will give excellent boost control. Any dyno numbers? How big of wastegates? The one pic looks like it was strapped to the dyno.
Yes, they broke it in on the dyno and checked everything but was affaid of blowing up the guys dyno. They only made a couple really short pulls to 8-10 psi and then stopped. Was already past 1700hp at that point. Called it a day and put it in the boat.

I had a little something to do with the wastegate location.(as well as the rest of the turbo setup) :happy:
60mm gates
jack weller's turbo 004.jpg

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The reduction on the dumps seems a little counter intuitive. Do you guys suppose there's a good reason for that? Seems you'd want to step 'em up in size.

I dont think they are going to be to restrictive. :happy: Maybe they wont kill to much power,lol.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I sure hope the thing will start & run seeing how he is using a Magneto and a Carb (and he's not in Oklahoma). :rolleyes:
Pic from when plumbing & wiring was being laid out, has been cleaned up since.
jacks3.jpg

1 - 20 of 353 Posts