Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a thread a few months back about a bad experience, so here's a thread about a good experience.

I drove to Dons shop to pick up my new 14-71 yesterday. Its cool that an NHRA hall-a-famer built my blower. Don is a great guy. It was an absolute pleasure to talk with him.

Im not saying what I paid.....but he gave me a killer deal on this billet rotor/end plates blower. The price could not even come close with any other manufacturer. And IMO this is the best looking blower on the market. I highly recommend his shop.

P.S. beard-o-reno at the elks lodge is tonight! think I'll win reddest?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Don is good buddies with Amos Saterlee. (for us young guys... google him) Amos tunes the Speed Sports TFH. The Speed Sports TFH is a local boat. St. Louis. So... we all know each other as drag guys. Lou Osmon (owns Speed Sports) has some damn funny stories about Amos, Don, Don and Amos, etc. I just go in there and do a little stuff here and there. Not much. But some.
Ask Don about getting throw out of his favorite restaurant over a $2 piece of lettuce. ROFL
Wags

Oh, and SWEET LOOKING PIECE!

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Have to agree, Don is a great person to deal with and stands behind his blowers and does not short cut anything. My first 6:71 was from him and then a 8:71. I had the pleasure of working with Don over 20 years ago in his old shop in Downey too..And yes when Gene was around Mooneyham was bad ass too but now, it just not the same.

·
AKA Blownjet 468
1,205 Posts
Mike Kuhl was also a great guy to deal with, till they dissapeared a couple years ago! he cut me some
great cash deals on a couple different projects........

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
Mike Kuhl was also a great guy to deal with, till they dissapeared a couple years ago! he cut me some
great cash deals on a couple different projects........
Kuhl is still around. He just went thru a blower for one of the guys that runs a GN. But to my knowledge his services aren't open to the general public. He is pretty busy with the restorations of old dragsters. He just got done with McEwen's Tirend draster. But yes you are right, he is another one of the best. The old guys rules.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 6 of 6 Posts