Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· 28 Powerplay - HP500
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after what feels like years of kicking props and tons of research, I finally bought my first boat of my own. It's a 28 Powerplay with a single HP500. It was actually built to be a race boat in 96, but wasn't actually rigged until 99, and for pleasure. Surveyed as a completely solid hull, no issues, as these boats are known for. It's a Ft Lauderdale built boat so much more East Coast than most here are familiar with. PP's out of business now, due to a shady owner I believe rather than the quality of their boats as my research came up with nothing bad on them.

Anyways, here's the few pic's my buddy took with his cell.:D

Attachments

· 28 Powerplay - HP500
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks good! Congratulations:)
Thanks!:D

Nice boat. Hows the performance with the HP500?
I don't know yet, as there are only 3-4 single 28's built out of 13 or so total PP 28's, so very little to compare to. Talking with one of the builders of it, 70-72 reliably, but hopefully 75 with some good trim and the right prop! Not super fast, but PP's are known for really handling the rough more than flat out speed with the straight bottom.:)

· 28 Powerplay - HP500
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats...its been a long road. I've followed your search on OSO and Serious, glad you found something. Powerplay is a solid boat. :)devil
congrats!
Thanks.

I've been looking for a while, and with all the mess this spring with my employer I scaled back quite a bit just to be safe in a worse case scenerio, but still ended up in something I really like.

· Banned
1,074 Posts
So after what feels like years of kicking props and tons of research, I finally bought my first boat of my own. It's a 28 Powerplay with a single HP500. It was actually built to be a race boat in 96, but wasn't actually rigged until 99, and for pleasure. Surveyed as a completely solid hull, no issues, as these boats are known for. It's a Ft Lauderdale built boat so much more East Coast than most here are familiar with. PP's out of business now, due to a shady owner I believe rather than the quality of their boats as my research came up with nothing bad on them.

Anyways, here's the few pic's my buddy took with his cell.:D
You're on OSO so you should know all about Dan Weinstein and what he did to Steve Shuble. I've met the guy twice and that's all I'll say about that.

He did build great boats though. Anybody who owned a Powerplay or rode in one will tell you that. I would not hesitate to take a 28 out in anything up to 5' ocean water.

· Desert Racing Widow
2,027 Posts
Congratulations!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.