Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Lavey Me Alone
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone want to gaze into their crystal ball and guess as to when production will be keeping up with demand, dealers will stop marking up, and there will be a few of them in a variety of colors at the local dealers?

RTJas :D

·
You who rock I salute you
3,207 Posts
They're getting mixed reviews.

Westways came down pretty hard on it. They didn't like it much.
But they were comparing the V6 LT (0-60 in 6.1 sec) to the Mustang V8 GT (0-60 in 5.3 sec).

They mentioned they thought the V6 Mustang is a looser with poor power and sorry MPG BTW.

"The Camaros High door sills, high dashboard, and massive rear pillars give one the impression they are sitting in a hole".
And they thought the interior was crummy overall.
"The interior is atrocious, it disappoints. It's drab."

I was impressed by the performance and MPG of the Camaro V6.
Awesome suspension, but only available with the V8.

If it's priced right it'll sell.
Otherwise it'll go the same way the T bird did when the dealers priced it out of the market with mark-ups.

·
Lavey Me Alone
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They're getting mixed reviews.
Westways came down pretty hard on it. They didn't like it at all.

I was impressed by the performance and MPG of the V6.
Awesome suspension.

If it's priced right it'll sell.
Otherwise it'll go the same way the T bird did when the dealers priced it out of the market with mark-ups.
Yeah, it'll be interesting to see. I'm sure the V-6 is a great motor, bu I can't see owning anything but a V-8 Camaro. That's just me though.

Motor Trend and Hot Rod magazines seemed to like it. Motortrend tested it against the Mustang GT and the Challenger. Camaro was the clear winner in their review.

·
Rubbing is Racing!!
2,813 Posts
I keep reading that the V6 is the way to go. Just a tick behind the V8 for way less money (and probably insurance).

Can you get one pimped like this with the same front end and hood??

lol...a tick you say:D

The loaded V6 can cost as much as a stripper SS.

The V6 runs the 1/4 at 14.2 @99 mph

The SS is running the 1/4 at [email protected] mph

Its a big heavy car with a crap load of power and a motor that is begging for more. With boltons and a tune the car will gain 50+ hp:)devil

I'm torn because I think its way to heavy and I'm not in love with the interior.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have had both in for R&D of exhaust and all I can say about the V-6 is wow!!! Hands down the fastest v-6 car I have ever driven. It layed down something like 330 to the ground and redlines out to 7,100 RPM. It will definatly hang if not beat a v-8 GT mustang.
The ss is bad ass but not that much faster than the V-6. Still way fast and sounds like a V-8.

Both are really nice cars.

PS: 22HP gain on a V-6 with muffler replacemants. :D

·
Registered
787 Posts
I have had both in for R&D of exhaust and all I can say about the V-6 is wow!!! Hands down the fastest v-6 car I have ever driven. It layed down something like 330 to the ground and redlines out to 7,100 RPM. It will definatly hang if not beat a v-8 GT mustang.
The ss is bad ass but not that much faster than the V-6. Still way fast and sounds like a V-8.

Shameless product plug, but i like it ....:D:D

·
Rubbing is Racing!!
2,813 Posts

cough cough....yeah right;):D

The V6 cars are dynoing anywhere from 245-260 at the rear wheels.If you got 330rwhp you need to call dynojet ASAP and have one of there techs come out and service the machine;)

The SS (manual) is putting down around 370 to the wheels

·
Registered
91 Posts

The V6 cars are dynoing anywhere from 245-260 at the rear wheels.If you got 330rwhp you need to call dynojet ASAP and have one of there techs come out and service the machine;)

LOL You are right. It whent from 237HP to 258HP. Not sure where I cam up up with 330. I only was 100HP off LOL. :D

·
Premium Member
746 Posts

I'm working on a 08 GT500 right now, chip, pulley, intake is getting about 510 RWHP. :p

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.