Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of our new Billet canted valve FE head we just finished. Getting ready for production now! Intake flows 470cfm!!

We are still finalizing pricing and dealer info, but if you have any questions or to get on our mailing list, just email me direct

[email protected]

Thanks,
Brian Clayton
Eds Speed Shop

·
Registered
436 Posts
I am not a machineist, just an ex artist and practicing jet-motorhead; I don't think many out there can appreciate the absolute skill it must take to design and fabricate something as beautiful as that head.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
That may well be the best 1st post ever :)devil :)devil

Very nice piece, I have a friend or two I'll send that to tommorow.

What rockers ?

Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover :D

·
steelcomp was here
26,512 Posts
That's big flow for an FE...Now all you need is a block with a bore spacing/displacement that can use it.;)
Nice work, BTW. How about the ex flow? Is the valve train already done? Obviously takes a dedicated intake? How many pieces comprise the head? I'm guessing it's got water...
Prertty impressive.:)devil

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The head is one piece. The part that the pushrods usually go thru on a FE is bolted to the head while it is being machined. Water jackets are machined in, then a billet plate welded in, then machined over during the finish port. The heads were designed for a N/A 427 " 4.250 bore engine. We had planned on using them in a particular class, but now the class is defunct. Instead of n/a, we wll be building a 525" twin turbo methanol motor for one of our outlaw 10.5 cars. Should make about 2800 hp. One of the prototypes is at T&D having the rockers made. We are finishing up header flanges, intake flanges (we will be offering a sheet metal "spider"), and a billet valley pan. The heads are completely finished except for the rocker hold down bolts, and we are finalizing pricing and dealer info. More info to come after the PRI show. If by chance you are at PRI, you can see them in person in "Dart Machinery's" booth.

Thanks,
Brian Clayton

[email protected]

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
Wow, you're going to put a 475 cfm head on a sub 500" N/A engine ? What did you plan on reving it to ?

That's one sweet piece ;)

Sleeper CP :D

·
Banned
540 Posts
Nice parts. Saw them earlier on the FE Forum. I'm sure they'd make sweet power with the right shortblock. RR

·
steelcomp was here
26,512 Posts
Why is it in Dart's booth?...just curious.
So the head is made of several pieces. Is that welding I see under the ex ports?
The head is one piece. The part that the pushrods usually go thru on a FE is bolted to the head while it is being machined. Water jackets are machined in, then a billet plate welded in, then machined over during the finish port. The heads were designed for a N/A 427 " 4.250 bore engine. We had planned on using them in a particular class, but now the class is defunct. Instead of n/a, we wll be building a 525" twin turbo methanol motor for one of our outlaw 10.5 cars. Should make about 2800 hp. One of the prototypes is at T&D having the rockers made. We are finishing up header flanges, intake flanges (we will be offering a sheet metal "spider"), and a billet valley pan. The heads are completely finished except for the rocker hold down bolts, and we are finalizing pricing and dealer info. More info to come after the PRI show. If by chance you are at PRI, you can see them in person in "Dart Machinery's" booth.

Thanks,
Brian Clayton

[email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts