Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last time out the engine started making a sound deep in the engine. Pulled it and found this.

#2 & #3 plugs, rest looked fine.

Turned it over and found this!!!!!
Right side

Left side

Broken crank!!!!!! New one for me!!!

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
No Sandbar To Far
3,276 Posts
No damaged other than the crank?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Looks like a forged crank, with the wide parting line. Whats wrong with the plugs? It looks like maybe the side strap is pushed down on the center electrode? Kinda hard to see in the pictures.

Chris

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
wow at least ya caught it early nuff no major damage happened, just a crank and line hone it

·
Banned
77 Posts
Not a new one.

A flex crack. Stock crank& rods. Not suppost to use your engine as a water pump. It doesn't like compressing water.Time for new motor.Nicely done.Learning the hard way.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
A flex crack. Stock crank& rods. Not suppost to use your engine as a water pump. It doesn't like compressing water.Time for new motor.Nicely done.Learning the hard way.
Clean your monitor there Aquacraft. 7/16 cap screw rods? Stock? Stock what? 427 medium riser Ford? Cammer Ford? Water will do that. But iot sure as hell won't turn a thru bolt rod into a capscrew rod with a single strengthing rib on the cap!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
77 Posts
What?

That is not a ford or a ford 427 cammer. It's a stock chevy 454. You can see the cast mold line mark on the crank. Cast iron , not steal.Nice try, but wasn't born yesterday.I would guess that the block is stessed too. :)hand:)hand

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
That is not a ford or a ford 427 cammer. It's a stock chevy 454. You can see the cast mold line mark on the crank. Cast iron , not steal.Nice try, but wasn't born yesterday.I would guess that the block is stessed too. :)hand:)hand
Just reading your own post genius. Stock Chevy 454 did not come with capscrew rods. And the rod caps had two strengthing ribs, not one. Ford cammers and medium risers did have capscrew rods. Your right, those are not Ford rods. And they are not stock 454 rods. Get your head out of your ass before you decide you want to school me on a FE Fords.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
77 Posts
So someone went cheep and put a cast crank in a 454. Externaly balanced. Waste of money . He says it's 13:1 pistons, on a cast crank. Anyway .

·
Registered
230 Posts
So someone went cheep and put a cast crank in a 454. Externaly balanced. Waste of money . He says it's 13:1 pistons, on a cast crank. Anyway .
Your posts are confusing. Are you seeing pictures that the rest of us can not?

·
Premium Member
984 Posts
I'm willing to bet that another pic can show the "3521" ID # indicating it is a 5140 forging for a 454. :D

Tim, we need more and clearer pics...............

·
Banned
77 Posts
If you pay attention to fleets posts on here, he's said what he has in his motor. So have fun with your Ford.Nice try tring to slipping up or tring to confuse me . Head games. You have a nice night.:)hand

·
AKA Blownjet 468
1,205 Posts
that's funny, I see a forging line in the pic i'm looking at,

but your right, it's not steal- it's steel!
not 2 sure about being "stessed" tho.....:Dfeeling rather prickish tonight,
don't pay me no mind.....:p

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Aquacraft has a love for me!!! I think he is either gay or a molester. Doesn't matter what is posted, he will bash anything that has my name on it.

Then doesn't have the balls to say who he is or if he even has a boat!!!!

1 - 20 of 201 Posts