Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone, just thought i'd introduce myself and post a few pictures of my newest adventure. It's a 74 Sutphen Gransport that had a Berkeley jet on it with and Olds. It is basically a bare hull right now and is a long way from seeing the water. This seems like an informative place and hopefully i'll get some answers along the way. Here are a couple pics. Many more to come!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My plans are to run a Berkeley jet with an LS1, 5.3 or 6.0. I need to remover the cap and do some wood repair first. Then I will start narrowing down my options for a motor.

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Very cool! Congrats. Never knew Stutphen made a jet. My experiance was always big offshore stuff. Gonna be fun to watch this one come together. Kinda reminds me of a Donzi Classic but with a jet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My neighbor actually has a Donzi 18 classic and the design is extremely similar. I know Sutphen went to building larger offshore boats. Not too many of these around from the research I have done. They seem to have a great reputation for quality from what I have read,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts