Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
....like warm apple pie
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...still not impressed. 11 more issues for redemption in my book...then its the axe. It does say all over the cover "Check out our NEW website!!"....still a no go.

·
C Ya on da lake
6,991 Posts
my subsription does not run out till like apr 09, so I am sure by then it will get better... btw, hb has a magazine? we can't talk about that here... oh no wait - we can, its just that we can't got to hb and talk about performance boats magazine.

·
C Ya on da lake
6,991 Posts
so they have a mag... they still dont have a website... I want to get my pm's and my pictures back... geez

·
Crazy Eights
1,476 Posts
I like how she addresses the fact they didn't have any tech articles by saying they arent getting any questions......thats funny....the previous owners didn't have any issues getting questions for content.

still not much in there worth reading/looking at for the average joe lake boater/river racer. I do have to give them credit for putting at least one boat in there thats under 25'. :rolleyes:

they still get two thumbs down.... :))ThumbsDwn:))ThumbsDwn

·
Lil' Hellyun
3,238 Posts
I read the note from the 18 year old girl they have running it ;) and I honestly expected to read an "oh my god, like magazine running is so much fun, it is like the bomb....":D:D

Now, I don't know this girl at all and I'm sure she is very nice (and she is welcome in our jacuzzi any time) but until they get quality (proof readers, decent pics, a website, etc. ;) ) it still doesn't compete with Powerboat....just my .02.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The part that kills me is the Bikini section. If you are going to put them in the mag then put more then one pic a month other wise take it out all together :(

·
....like warm apple pie
1,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I read the note from the 18 year old girl they have running it ;) and I honestly expected to read an "oh my god, like magazine running is so much fun, it is like the bomb....":D:D

Now, I don't know this girl at all and I'm sure she is very nice (and she is welcome in our jacuzzi any time) but until they get quality (proof readers, decent pics, a website, etc. ;) ) it still doesn't compete with Powerboat....just my .02.
Yeah, I saw that. And she pops off about "serious bloggers out there". She mentions nothing about everyone getting banned and pissed and the fact that most people probably wont be back.

Stupid move on her part to put her email address on there. She says email her if you didnt get a shirt. I need something to change oil in, so maybe I will. LOL!!:D

·
Islander Transient
1,881 Posts
I like how she addresses the fact they didn't have any tech articles by saying they arent getting any questions......thats funny....the previous owners didn't have any issues getting questions for content.
There is some irony for you hil:)

Last year I posted a question in the tech section of HB. Three months later my post, verbatim, is in HB magazine's tech section under the name of some erroneous guy in Glendora or something like that. I mean it was word for word :((((((

C'mon guys you could have PM'd me or at least said the submission was off the website :)eh:)

·
Lil' Hellyun
3,238 Posts
The part that kills me is the Bikini section. If you are going to put them in the mag then put more then one pic a month other wise take it out all together :(
I can think of at least 2 girls that would look great in there.....;):D

Agreed...it just seems like they think they have to have girls in bikini's in the mag or something (which of course they do....)...and it comes off as really silly....

·
Lil' Hellyun
3,238 Posts
Yeah, I saw that. And she pops off about "serious bloggers out there". She mentions nothing about everyone getting banned and pissed and the fact that most people probably wont be back.

Stupid move on her part to put her email address on there. She says email her if you didnt get a shirt. I need something to change oil in, so maybe I will. LOL!!:D
LMAO.....I really don't have anything against HB....and I always liked the magazine even with the errors but they have just made some bad business decisions in the past several months....

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
They still don't have a decent proof reader. Typos all over the place
My thoughts EXACTLY. Every article seems to have spelling mistakes and punctuation errors.
I feel like I'm proofreading a rough draft and have to fight the urge to take out a red pen and make changes.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts