Performance Boats Forum banner

Do you grease your ball before towing with it?

• Yes everytime

Votes: 33 24.6%
  • No

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • What the hell are you talking about

Votes: 16 11.9%
  • RD sucks

Votes: 21 15.7%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
32 DW X-CAT
2,266 Posts
Comment:

I use the can grease Lithium it is nice and neat and keeps the trailer nice and quiet. Turns are smooth and squeak free.

I agree about getting that stuff on your pants swimsuit but usually the boat is always hooked up to the truck so it really is a non-issue when boating. It does become a pain if you un-hitch for loading purposes if that is the case always take it off---you will appreciate it more when your not trying to get grease out of your nice docker shorts:D.

KAP

·
"Try it Now!"
3,614 Posts
I've never heard of that before but the next time I head out I think I'm gonna grease my ball and see if it works better when lubed up!

Thanks for the info!
Just get one of those little black condoms ;) for the ball...works good in keeping it off your pants. Tow a heavy trailer w/o grease..with tongue weight, you'll see gouges in the ball after a while. Can't be good.

What really concerns me is how many of you have problems with greasy balls hitting your knees. You guys are old! ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.