Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just droped my boat off to Lightning Boats in san fernando today, they already have everything taken apart (jason over there is true to his word!!

I am installing an hp 525 with an xr drive in my 01 nordic sprint? anyone have any pointers on what the boat should do. I have a 26 pitch prop ( is that ok?) Should I run trim tabs? I have not seen to many nordis sprints with big horse power just wanted to see if anyone has done something like this

Steve

Extreme Powder Coating

· Registered
1,486 Posts
Just droped my boat off to Lightning Boats in san fernando today, they already have everything taken apart (jason over there is true to his word!!

I am installing an hp 525 with an xr drive in my 01 nordic sprint? anyone have any pointers on what the boat should do. I have a 26 pitch prop ( is that ok?) Should I run trim tabs? I have not seen to many nordis sprints with big horse power just wanted to see if anyone has done something like this

Steve

Extreme Powder Coating

That thing is going to be a rocket. And YES you should run tabs. You are basically increasing the running surface of the boat with them. Even a tiny bit of tab will help stabilize the boat at high speeds. Take lots of pics and let us know how the build goes.

Darrell.

· Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was just over there today and lightning boats is installing the gimble hopefully we should have the motor in tomorrow. So as far as trim tabs go danya has the 900 for 2600, or eddie marine has them for 1600 any sugg on what I should do I really want to get them but my budget is running slim

· Registered
1,486 Posts
Not sure of the sizes of the models you stated, but on a smaller boat, you will not need the large versions. Smaller tabs will be enough to make a very noticeable difference. I would first run the boat without, because there always could be that very slight chance the boat doesn't need them. ( I'd bet money it will), But ya never know.

Darrell.

· Registered
147 Posts
What Up Steve, Its Jon, JP's neighbor. JP and I were talking about this all weekend. That thing is going to be sick.
I am sure you will have to prop up quite a bit.

I cant wait to go for a ride next weekend. If you cant post pics send them to me and I will.

· Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Whats up jon, jon2 told me u wrote me a message Pm me your email address and I will send u the pix, Dude I hope everything gets dont by next weekend, im sure I am going to have a few bugs here and there. Lets hope this 26p prop works good if not I may go all out and buy a 5 blade.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.