Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
keel job 2012 024.jpg
keel job 2012 015.jpg
keel job 2012 036.jpg
keel job 2012 037.jpg
keel job 2012 040.jpg

Just came back From Ervin Capps. Had an MPD intake put in and the keel changed. It has+ 5/8" keel from what's under Info's rig. Don't know if thats good or bad were gonna run it & see how it acts. Special thanks 2 all for sharing your secrets!!! Been tryin this shit for years pissin in the wind. Hope this will allow us 2 get off the motor a lil & come out the gate a lil harder. Thanks again Craig

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bad ass!! What intake was in it last year?
It was some hack copy of a semi low pro from the early 90's made by the guy that made the hull in 95 Jimmy Johnson. I guess it worked ok just time to step up.

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Administrator
16,875 Posts
Looks great man. :thumb:

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ervin said he would make some good deals on 1 color boats. 479-981-9241 I want 1 but my damn driver wont get the cash out. Damn deadbeat driver's

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like somebody has been out to the west coast and taken notes and pics ?
Yea Jack and the fast boyz at the Bird shared a lot of info. Thanks again guyz:)devil

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I like the keel shape, looks good.

What is the keel depth now?
The best I can tell measurin by myself from the apex the highest point on the keel to the strake where the bolts are that secures the intake 1&5/16". From the apex to the intake is on a 40" raidus. This is a cheyenne well kinda, its a half ass splash at best. I was told they require a little more keel depth than a daytona ?? What is the best reading to have on the keel vacuum?? Thanks Craig

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Keel depth would be the deepest part of the keel in relation to the flat where the screws go in.

A good reading on the keel data port is a nice solid vacuum reading. Dont try and run a pressure sensor here, you would use the same type of the sensor you would run on a crankcase. This is all assuming the port is in the right place. I always put the port in after the bottom is done, this way its right where I want it, it needs to be on the radius and square to that exact area, not too far back or not down the radius enough. The idea behind that sensor is just to see if water is making the turn. If there is a vacuum reading youve got water rushing by that port. Thats the whole idea.

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Keel depth would be the deepest part of the keel in relation to the flat where the screws go in.

A good reading on the keel data port is a nice solid vacuum reading. Dont try and run a pressure sensor here, you would use the same type of the sensor you would run on a crankcase. This is all assuming the port is in the right place. I always put the port in after the bottom is done, this way its right where I want it, it needs to be on the radius and square to that exact area, not too far back or not down the radius enough. The idea behind that sensor is just to see if water is making the turn. If there is a vacuum reading youve got water rushing by that port. Thats the whole idea.
Go back & re-read the measurement post Ervin corrected me & I edited it

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Thanks for the info !! Craig

1 - 20 of 39 Posts