Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Just joined your forum. I am trying to put this boat together it is a bare hull that was abruptly stopped and i am gonna finish it. Because i really like the boat and wanna have some fun with it but so far it has been very frustrating. I am not new to fabricating and engines and race cars ....but never a boat !! could use a little advise about rigging it.

1. where does the engine sit how far forward of the transom
2. steering what is best option rigg it like flat a bottom or outboard steering?

just a few to start with

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
Posting location

Hello and welcome, I like your project. Should be a lot of fun. I am partial to-Drives, but have not rigged a hydro. These boats are fairly simple. Have you seen one complete in person? I would suggest looking at some nicer boats in person. Or perhaps a variety of boats to get an idea of different ways to go about completing your boat. There is a ton of information here. I would suggest posting your rigging and set up questions in the V-Drive section as it perhaps gets the most attention on here. Also include brand, model of hull and year, how you plan to use it, along with pictures of the inside. Good luck, Darin

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
New Hydro Pilot....Welcome!
I am going to stick my biased neck out here, but you now own, what I personally think is the nicest designed hydro of all built. The Sanger shovel nose is simply a classy, nicely made with simple lines, built to go fast hull. Congrats on your purchase. Happy and envious for you!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks

I am going to stick my biased neck out here, but you now own, what I personally think is the nicest designed hydro of all built. The Sanger shovel nose is simply a classy, nicely made with simple lines, built to go fast hull. Congrats on your purchase. Happy and envious for you!
well thanks for the kind words and yes i think it is the sexiest looking boat out there i really love the Sanger shovel in the way it looks. I am excitied about getting her ready for a little river romping

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks

well thanks i am looking forward to finishing the project

1 - 7 of 7 Posts