Performance Boats Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hey welcome to the boards! HJ thats a good cam, but I think for a stock motor the crane Energiser cam and lifter set would be more suitable for that motor! I would venture to say that the motor is only about 81/2 to 91/2 to 1 and if that motor is tired I don't think I would even put a cam in it until it was aleast freshend up, just my 2 cents for what it worth!
And as for your manifold goes, post it on here for sale or trade for what you want! Also keep EYE ON YOUR MOTOR TEMP, if you have not looked at the pump, or the impeller, you might want to, cause if your impeller is going away it will cause problems with not only the pump, but the crank as well!!! make sure that there is grease in the thurst bearing in the front of the pump, no grease will cause the bearing to burn up and possibley freeze up on you! Just make sure if you are going to use it for the summer, go through the boat and check everything out for any possible problems, nothing worse then getting stuck on the lake!!!
Tye:)hand
the motor was just rebuilt so and yes i checked everything over already and looks good i have to grease the bearing b4 i go out next though. and i was planning on trying to sell the intake cause its brand new i just lost the box lol. but it doesnt even have a speck of oil on it lol so i might i was looking at a weiand team g intake that they make for it but idk its like 400 bones lol and im broke.

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
lol ya do you know where to find some fairly cheap intake spacers cause i got a brand new edlbrock intake but its for a std deck.
I worked at a machine shop, so I made my own spacer plates, for free.:D The spacers are like $110-$175 and you can get them at summit or Jegs. But you'll also need to buy 2 sets of gaskets for it, which is a pain, but most of the tall deck intakes are expensive as hell.:|err I'm not sure if you have enough motor for a Team G. Might be better off with an Edelbrock Air-Gap manifold. But someone will correct me if I'm talking out my ass.:)sphss Why are you looking to sell the Edelbrock intake you currently have???:)eh:)

Cheapest I could find.
Spacer Plates

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I worked at a machine shop, so I made my own spacer plates. The spacers are like $110-$175 and you can get them at summit or Jegs. But you'll also need to buy 2 sets of gaskets for it, which is a pain, but most of the tall deck intakes are expensive as hell.:|err I'm not sure if you have enough motor for a Team G. Might be better off with an Edelbrock Air-Gap manifold. But someone will correct me if I'm talking out my ass.:)sphss Why are you looking to sell the Edelbrock intake you currently have???:)eh:)
i probably wont ill probably just try to find some used spacer plates on ebay i found one set but they where super tall deck lol

and does any body know what model this boat is all i know is its a tahiti i couldnt find any info about what models they made in 78 so any info is help full

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
welcome to the boards, talldeck and dumb questions, sounds familiar.
;)

Welcome aboard, there are a few Chevy guys who can give you some good info on that tall deck of yours.

Have fun with the boat.

S CP :D

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
i probably wont ill probably just try to find some used spacer plates on ebay i found one set but they where super tall deck lol

and does any body know what model this boat is all i know is its a tahiti i couldnt find any info about what models they made in 78 so any info is help full
PM old rigger here on the forums. He used to work for Tahiti and Hawaiian and several others. He has a wealth of knowledge relating to the history of these boats.:)

21 - 30 of 30 Posts