·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I here park Moabe my get a Naked turtle.Any one esle here this

·
Insurance Agent!
735 Posts
Yes I heard this as well. Does anyone know when? Have they started on it yet?

·
Lavey Me Alone
1,417 Posts
I know the people that own the Naked Turtle took over the store at Park Moabi, and many were speculating they would build another bar there. Nobody was sure the state or county (whoever owns the land) would allow the permits though. Be awesome if they could put it out on the point, at the enterance to the channel! :)devil

RTJas :D

·
Ultra 27 Shadow
1,870 Posts
It looks like it is going to be just outside the launch ramp area on the right as you start through the channel. I saw what looked to be some ground leveling and prep during Feb/March.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I was there this last weekend and YES they have started construction. As you pull in there are large palm linning the road with sand, it looks much better. There is a sign that I believe says Pirates cove. The store is under major construction that looks good. The store is open and much larger now. They are putting outside seating on both ends of the building. When done it will be a marked improvement over what was there before.

·
Lavey Me Alone
1,417 Posts
I've only launched there once and haven't been past the beaches in ages. What kind of a walk is it going to be from the beach to the bar? Sounds like you have to go all the way around the back of the cove....think you can you seen the beaches from the bar?

Thx...

·
Ultra 27 Shadow
1,870 Posts
I've only launched there once and haven't been past the beaches in ages. What kind of a walk is it going to be from the beach to the bar? Sounds like you have to go all the way around the back of the cove....think you can you seen the beaches from the bar?

Thx...
From what I was told it was going to be just outside the launch ramp on the right side with docks. They said it would be setup similar to Topock. Where I saw construction it was right no the water. I was given this info by the lady from Sea Tow at the LA Boat Show because she was stating that they will have a boat stationed there year round once it is complete.

Mike

·
Registered
133 Posts
I here park Moabe my get a Naked turtle.Any one esle here this

Bummer they got sued over the use of Naked Turtle... Now its called the Turtle Bar. All new shirts and cups.... I hope what they are doing at Moabi is as nice. It will nice to stay only up river and enjoy a nice bar other than Topac.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Its a fact, the guy obviously has investors, not very bright ones, but investors. Ive had this argument with the locals there for years, this will never fly, who the hell is gonna go to Park Moabi for a drink, drive 1/4 mile through cop infested waters, with LEO's looking for any reason to pull you over, (wake is a real money maker). It will never fly, using any logic, look at his competitor across the river, although the quality of food and drinks and service at Topoc has gone to the shittter it still is barley hanging on, and now with the fuel prices, I doubt if many people are gonna be making the trip to Moabi from Havi for a drink or some sub standard food.

·
Hub Cap Annie & Wheel
1,926 Posts
It's the old owner of the Naked Turtle and the new place will be called Pirates Cove. It's gonna be a bar restaurant I'm sure along the same lines as the Turtle. I've also heard from residents of Moabi that they are going to be putting in similar looking rental cabins that are at Needles Marina. The owner got a long term lease from SBerdo County. The owner has stated to the residents that there have been plenty of obstacles but that he dealt with these scenarios before.

·
Ultra 27 Shadow
1,870 Posts
Its a fact, the guy obviously has investors, not very bright ones, but investors. Ive had this argument with the locals there for years, this will never fly, who the hell is gonna go to Park Moabi for a drink, drive 1/4 mile through cop infested waters, with LEO's looking for any reason to pull you over, (wake is a real money maker). It will never fly, using any logic, look at his competitor across the river, although the quality of food and drinks and service at Topoc has gone to the shittter it still is barley hanging on, and now with the fuel prices, I doubt if many people are gonna be making the trip to Moabi from Havi for a drink or some sub standard food.
Alot of cops sit out in Thompson Bay too outside of the Nautical and it does not stop many who choose to drink and drive. I think it would be a great idea and it does not bother me because I do not drink and drive my boat. It would be nice to have another option becuase like you said Topock has gone way down and the prices have gone way up!! I think it would be nice for those that stay at Moabi to have somewhere to go at night as well.

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
Alot of cops sit out in Thompson Bay too outside of the Nautical and it does not stop many who choose to drink and drive. I think it would be a great idea and it does not bother me because I do not drink and drive my boat. It would be nice to have another option becuase like you said Topock has gone way down and the prices have gone way up!! I think it would be nice for those that stay at Moabi to have somewhere to go at night as well.
Exactly what I was thinking Mike. :)hand

·
Lavey Me Alone
1,417 Posts
Yep! ;)

·
Registered
478 Posts
I agree!

Is drinking and boating the only way to have fun? Geez, if anything, have a few beers, no need to get plastered. If the rules are followed who cares how many cops are there. People shouldn't be drinking alot while they are boating anyways. I personally don't even take a sip while boating or driving. I guess when you see a pregnant mother lying on the side of the road dying you learn what driving drunk can do to your life!

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
The new bar up there is called the "Pirate Cove Marina" Its the same owners that own Naked Turtle. He has come into my shop to buy chain saws. Nice guy. Should be done soon.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts