26,528 Posts
Nice! Wish I had the budget. That's some fun shit, right there.:|err
What's the target?

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts
Nice! Wish I had the budget. That's some fun shit, right there.:|err
What's the target?
x2 .......some specs would be nice :)bulb :)

S CP :D

·
steelcomp was here
26,528 Posts
What made you decide to double up on scavange and a vac pump? Scavange alone not enough vac?

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its a 565 Dart Pro1 head. It's actually a nitrous motor will spray 300 to 400 on it when the customer is ready. not going to spray it on the dyno just ran out of time to finish the nitrous system. I'm expecting around 1000 n/a.

The reason for the vac pump is unless you throw down for a really expensive oil pump, it won't pump down the engine in the 30 seconds you have from when they give you the ok to fire and the green light. With a vac pump to help pump it down you can get 18 to 20 inches early.

·
steelcomp was here
26,528 Posts
Its a 565 Dart Pro1 head. It's actually a nitrous motor will spray 300 to 400 on it when the customer is ready. not going to spray it on the dyno just ran out of time to finish the nitrous system. I'm expecting around 1000 n/a.

The reason for the vac pump is unless you throw down for a really expensive oil pump, it won't pump down the engine in the 30 seconds you have from when they give you the ok to fire and the green light. With a vac pump to help pump it down you can get 18 to 20 inches early.
Thanks for the explination. Are those the 355cnc heads?

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes they are the CNC 355. The customer already had them so that is what we went with.
With it being a nitrous motor I wasn't that worried about the heads. If it were to be just a N/A motor I would have suggested some BMF's or AFR's. I think the dart heads aren't quite as good but not bad by any means.

·
steelcomp was here
26,528 Posts
Yes they are the CNC 355. The customer already had them so that is what we went with.
With it being a nitrous motor I wasn't that worried about the heads. If it were to be just a N/A motor I would have suggested some BMF's or AFR's. I think the dart heads aren't quite as good but not bad by any means.
Totally agree. Do you know anything about the Pro2's? I'm not a real Dart fan, but those things are huge for a conventional head.
I hope it runs as good as it looks.:)devil

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Looks weak Mike. :p

How are you running the black hose with vacuum? Did you put a coil inside the hoses?

Let me know about that intake, Im interested in doing that.

Chris.

·
Banned
540 Posts
Nice work, Mike. I'm sure your customer will be more than satisfied with the work, and the results.

RR :)hand

1 - 11 of 11 Posts