Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Canoe Jockey
1,130 Posts
Pete,
My clutch and trans should be here next week. I'll give you a call when I am ready to have them powdercoated.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
i have a new oven to powdercoat parts up 60 inches tall and 23 wide by 35 deep. if you need somthing done hit me up. i also do polishing of metal parts.
One thing about the Amato's they ALWAYS show up with the nicest stuff !!!!! Hard work ethic runs in the family !!!!! As soon as I get my Spectra mocked up and have a clue whats going on I plan on being one of your illegitimate children !!!! Truthfully, I have never owned anything nice enough to polish YET !!!!!!:D

·
79 sanger super jet
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One thing about the Amato's they ALWAYS show up with the nicest stuff !!!!! Hard work ethic runs in the family !!!!! As soon as I get my Spectra mocked up and have a clue whats going on I plan on being one of your illegitimate children !!!! Truthfully, I have never owned anything nice enough to polish YET !!!!!!:D
thanks you are also a person anybody can get along with and your good attiude it help this dying passion stay alive.:)

·
Registered
934 Posts
I would sign up for that too. Just not sure I could survive all of those big meals :D I would be 300 pounds by next summer lol

·
Registered
171 Posts
Are you able to chemically strip old powdercoat and prep parts that were previously powdercoated?

Keith and I have a bunch of stuff that needs to be redone because the parts were not properly prepped and the coating is peeling and blistering as a result.

Ken

·
79 sanger super jet
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Are you able to chemically strip old powdercoat and prep parts that were previously powdercoated?

Keith and I have a bunch of stuff that needs to be redone because the parts were not properly prepped and the coating is peeling and blistering as a result.

Ken
what type of parts are they and could they be blasted instead of stripped the paint holds better when the surface is rough.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Hmmmmm...

i have a question...whats better to do, powder coat a engine block or paint it? open for any suggestions, new to this and im tryin to get started this winter so im not on the shore come spring time....thanks alot guys ur always tons of help...

·
79 sanger super jet
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i have a question...whats better to do, powder coat a engine block or paint it? open for any suggestions, new to this and im tryin to get started this winter so im not on the shore come spring time....thanks alot guys ur always tons of help...
powdercoat is a thicker paint and is chip resiantant. you will have to sandblast a enging block for proper contact.

·
Registered
896 Posts
ok

thanks alot, i kinda figured that but just wasnt sure about the temp with the powder coat....soooo do u do blocks? lol

·
Kar-man
157 Posts

Ken
Tony,
I have my swim platforms that are starting to peel. Can ya match the blue?
Keith

1 - 20 of 41 Posts