Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Its a dream come true!
16 and got my first boat! (Thanks to Tim Ketlinski)
Its gonna take a lot of work, but it sure will be fun!:yes:
Dad and I will start tearin' it up on Friday, and see what we're gonna need! For now, here's a picture of the boat. Will keep ya updated from start to finish!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
16 and got a boat, that's awesome:partyguy:!! looks like a great project for you and your Dad. There's a boat load of lessons to be learned (pun intended;)) right there. Good luck, I'm looking forward to seeing the progress as you go. Take lots of pics. Greg

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I'll be sure to keep you updated with lots of pictures! Today i was referred to as "the son my dad never had." Guess i gotta keep my rep up! ;)
You know, I'm unsure about the trucks, they are at the shop my boat is being held at, ask Ketlinski, they're all his!

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
Congrats Young man!!!

I feel 16 again every time we take ours out!;)

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
You and your dad will have a blast! And rebuilding one is alot of fun! So take your time and do it right the first time and you will enjoy the boat for years to come! Congradulations young lady!:thumb:

What hull is that?

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I'm not a man! I'm a girl :happy:
That's even cooler! My baby girl is 24 and I would have loved to have done something like this with her. Funny, she would have probably been all over it. My son has to be forced just to maintain is own motorcycle. I tried to get him involved in building a sand rail, he said he wasn't interested unless it was going to be a trophy truck.:duh:

·
Registered
628 Posts
Day 1 complete!

Got the boat home and tore everything apart to see what we have - the boat is in pretty good shape. We will need to do some glass work to the stringers but the floor is very nice. The interior is in great shape and cleaned up very well. I will need to pull the tanks and get the old fuel out - is there a specific way to clean the inside of the tanks out before I reinstall them? Now it's time to make a list of what we need and go rob a bank! More picture when my daughter gets them put up.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
So far, so good! Day #1 is COMPLETE!!
Its turning out very nice as we have only gotten to the bottom of the hull ;)
Maybe look through everything you have, if you can spare any of it, or help a girl out, it would be greatly appreciated :))THumbsUp

Attachments

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
So far, so good! Day #1 is COMPLETE!!
Its turning out very nice as we have only gotten to the bottom of the hull ;)
Maybe look through everything you have, if you can spare any of it, or help a girl out, it would be greatly appreciated :))THumbsUp
You Go Girl ;) Congratulations ,Suggest you make a list of "priorities" and what you need to get this project wet, would enjoy seeing this be a sucess for you as well as a valuable leaning expirience Let me know if we can help ! Tom

ps you need to let your dog get more involved he looks bored :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Day #2 is COMPLETE!

Today we had a scare with the left stringer. After being scared it had a crack in it, we gladly found out it looked just fine. :partyguy:
I've uploaded some more pictures of the boat after we worked on it today. We cleaned the seats and were surprised at how they turned out! They almost look brand new. And we sanded the floors to get all the grey paint off.
My dad and I have made a checklist of pieces and parts for ya'll to keep your eyes out for if there are any great deals or giveaways you come across (it would be greatly appreciated!):
Engine-BBC
- Oil pan (rear pickup)
- Starter
- Thermostat Kit
- Coil
- Fuel Pump
- Exhaust Log Ends (aluminum over transom)
Misc.
- Berkeley bowl bushings + all gaskets
- Bilge pump + hose

I am still looking for a motor, the boat is built for a Big Block Chevy, I'd like to find a 454 but a 396 would work just as well. Keep your eyes and ears open and please let me know if you come across any of these things!
-Ashlyn.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I also am trying to find a "cole" emblem as in one of the pictures to put back into the boat, i think that would be a marvelous add on.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
I also am trying to find a "cole" emblem as in one of the pictures to put back into the boat, i think that would be a marvelous add on.
If you find the COLE emblem or stickers please let me know! Also that is the southwind splash that cole put out for awhile with a full stringer add-on. I have a 92 cole 18v and it's kinda rare because it is based on the TR-2 flat. Check my avatar! Good luck and best wishes for the project. By the way the best way to make that hull work REAL good is all in the bottom. M

1 - 20 of 92 Posts