Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new to the forum just thought I would post my new project and say hello. I am working on a 1994 baja blast 14ft had a 90hp force in it and a L drive. I bought the boat with no motor. I had. Older beat up 16ft jet boat with Berkeley jf drive on it. Long story short I am in the process of installing the Berkeley and a 350 rocket olds motor in the boat. I will post pics as I go along

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
This all was done in one day Now let the glassing begin the new pump mount and grate is bolted and screwed in several spots now have to glass the f$$k out of it all and shape and finish

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The olds motor is being used because I already have all the polished manifolds and exhaust for olds and the mild 350 out of the donor boat, going to check clearances re gasket and pop it in. Just thought it would be neat to do the swap checked google and could not find anyone that has done it. The hull seems pretty deep and stable so it should be fun my main thing is everything is neat and done correctly

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Dropped my mock up spare engine in to see what kind of room I am going to have and looks like everything is going to fit very well works out great that there is no water pump on the front and only a cover. Will have enough room for alternator and manifolds sure glad that its not a ford and the distributor is in the back

Attachments

·
deckboat owner
481 Posts
wow

guessing that thing is going to fly
I had a Four Winns Fling with the 115 OMC in it for a couple of summers
It will be interesting to see how this thing handles and flies !!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys I'm just doing a lot of glassing right now. It's unbelievable how the engine exhaust and components fit not cutting or not having to notch anything and besides the thruhull it will look factory, re building the engine between glass coats and drying. I am really looking forward to Seeing how it handles and holeshots. More updates after I get some glassing done.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I see in your sig your just across the pond from me in Waterford I'm in Windsor. Do you ever run on Detroit river??

·
Registered
406 Posts
This is badass man! Very nice work so far! Can't wait to see more. Are you going to repaint/regelcoat it?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I am going to repaint from the arched line above the thru hulls just in the back going to try and match it up and see what happens

·
Registered
129 Posts
thats sweet! it looks like you are making fast progress. cant wait to see it finished! i bet if you leave it the original colors and make a non threataning engine cover, it would be a great sleeper boat, especaly with some cut outs lol,

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Made some good progress today got couple coats of paint on and exhaust tips done just have to wet sand and buff (have 1 run) and see where I'm at. Finish up underneath and inside then pop the motor in for the last time.also do a nice fresh coat on the jet

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts