Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
a.k.a. "Mean Pair"
5,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Day 1

DSC_2075.jpg

It's in pretty good shape over all, has some small issues, shouldn't be anything $20,000 can't fix ..... oh, and a lot of work. :wink2:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Day 1

View attachment 1027209

It's in pretty good shape over all, has some small issues, shouldn't be anything $20,000 can't fix ..... oh, and a lot of work. :wink2:
Looks like Ole N.B.M.P. is gonna be to busy to get in any mischief for a while, Oh and is that whacker the one we Merc guys used to refer to as THE FAT FIFTY, Love the three blade alum prop your gonna have to step up to one of those 2 blade brass speed props M.P. Unless of course you plan on doing a lot of water sking. Great project M.P. keep the pics coming:thumb:

·
rollin on the river
1,932 Posts
Looks like another 2 week job!!!

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I knew Shorty had something like this planned when she said she wouldn't ride with you out under the Golden Gate again. Good idea beefing up the transom before you bolt on the new 7 marine.

·
a.k.a. "Mean Pair"
5,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Day 2

Got the boat pretty well stripped, motor parts ordered, most of the wood is out of the transom.

Some clean-up, minor glasswork and start templating the new transom plywood. "Oh Boy" :partyguy:

Attachments

·
a.k.a. "Mean Pair"
5,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Day 3

Spent most of the day on clean-up and remove excess glass work getting ready for new transom.

Put down one quick layer of 1700 bi-directional cloth with epoxy resin.

Tomorrow is a new day. :yes:

DSC_2105.jpg

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
NP, I completely admire your skills & determination with projects like this. I lack the skills & knowledge, go figure. I'm certain this Revenge will be spectacular when complete. What motor will end up on it ?

·
a.k.a. "Mean Pair"
5,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
NP, I completely admire your skills & determination with projects like this. I lack the skills & knowledge, go figure. I'm certain this Revenge will be spectacular when complete. What motor will end up on it ?
Thanks for the kudos, it's going to keep the 80hp "Big Johnson" that came on it in 1966. The motor looks and seems repairable, the parts are a little scarce though. Shouldn't take more than 2 weeks. :thumb:

p.s. "Shorty's Revenge" is the name of the boat (remember the beer in Pittsburg) The boat is a 1966 Glasspar G3.

·
a.k.a. "Mean Pair"
5,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Day 5

Didn't like some of the bonding on the floor supports, also the hull itself is a little thin inside the supports.

Guess there's no cure for Analism. ;-)

DSC_2113.jpg
DSC_2114.jpg
DSC_2115.jpg

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
So I'm guessing this is a complete rebuild that will be painted to original specs etc and look better than new when complete. Incredible

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Shortys revenge

We'll see, maybe ........... maybe not. :rolleyes:
Yeah know M.P. Ya coulda saved a few bucks if had just bought the oringinal bow light and built the rest of the boat from scratch underneath it, Just sayin:wink2: Lookin good M.P. cant hardly wait the TWO WEEKS to see the final results:thumb:

1 - 20 of 126 Posts