Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to remove balancer and it will not budge!!!!!!!! The ears on the puller are bending!!! Granted, it is not a high dollar puller. Any ideas???

Yes, the center bolt is out. Thought I would handle that up front:)hand

·
Registered
72 Posts
center bolt out

how about the washer.....:p dont ask me how i know, but i will tell you yow can split a snap-on puller if it is still in place.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The washer is off. Am I correct in thinking heat would not be a good idea????

·
Registered
366 Posts
Don't do it by hand, use a impact wrench( in case your not doing it that way).
Tony

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Tighten down the puller. When it starts to bend hit the puller on its bolt head with a BFH and it should pop.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Your going to have to get a good puller and use antisieze on the threads then put the impact to it, I went through several cheap ones then bought a better one , I think it was a Lyle tools .
What kind of balancer? The one that I have is an ATI and its on a callies crank. Sumb-tch fits tight. But dont have to worry about it coming off :p
Hope you've got a good installer to put it back on with, and not a BFH with a block of wood. :D
Since I bought the good puller I've had mine off several times with no problems.

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Big thanks to Doug ( Trashman). He brought over a high zoot puller and we got the thing off. Looks like the key was binding on the balancer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts