Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Got my rail kit from Lightning today. Jan makes the motor plates 26 inches wide. Trim to fit. I'll rig it when I get my pump back from MPD. Probably have it clear anodized later.

·
I'm No Expert
3,139 Posts

·
I'm No Expert
3,139 Posts
If that hole kit came polished for $665 thats a great deal! I think i paid around 400 for HTP for my kit which came with a few extra peices for pump brace and what not but was missing the drive line cover and flywheel cover.. Also wasnt polished. Polishing cost me 200 and then the extra few hundy for flywheel cover and drive line cover... so that is a good deal.

·
21 Daytona
5,291 Posts
that is a good deal complete, just a driveline cover from there is @ $125
but they will make it in any lengh you need

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
I wonder if those driveline covers will actually do any good in the event of a driveline failure, or is their purpose to prevent oil splatter rather than contain a driveline in the event of a failure?

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
I wonder if those driveline covers will actually do any good in the event of a driveline failure, or is their purpose to prevent oil splatter rather than contain a driveline in the event of a failure?
they work. had my driveline come apart and the lightning cover kept it in the boat.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Anyone running that kit with a top mount starter?? Is your back plate 1/2"? I'm pretty sure that is the kit I have also.

·
TEN THIRTY ONE
1,293 Posts
Anyone running that kit with a top mount starter?? Is your back plate 1/2"? I'm pretty sure that is the kit I have also.
Top mount starters for a fabricated rail kit is a full custom deal. No off the shelf stuff for that set up.

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
rail kit top mt

Heres Kregs set up during mock up the top mt set up, Jan (Lightning) makes/ requires a beefier 1/2 " rear plate ,Kreg I'm thinkin you might end up shimming you starter to correct for engagement problems ,We'll find out more today Tom

·
21 Daytona
5,291 Posts
Heres Kregs set up during mock up the top mt set up, Jan (Lightning) makes/ requires a beefier 1/2 " rear plate ,Kreg I'm thinkin you might end up shimming you starter to correct for engagement problems ,We'll find out more today Tom

Does that top mount started require a special flexplate?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts