Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Neck Airbag System (NAS) that we introduced at Lucas Oil Drag Boat Series at Wild Horse Pass and Parker Blue Water races has really taken off. Besides being an approved safety device for SCSC & Lucas Oil, NJBA has now also approved the safety device. At the NJBA races yesterday (Saturday, April 22nd) out of 52 entries 25 drivers placed orders for the Neck Airbag System (NAS). We have sold close 60 NAS devices since it's introduction last month. It seems the boat racing community is really embracing this new safety product. This safety device is good for all open boats, from the Sportsman hydroplanes, Flats, Crackerboxes, Grand Nationals, KRRs to all open cockpit Drag boat Classes and everything in between.

As you all witnessed (if you were at Parker) once deployed (lanyard pulled) takes 500 miliseconds (blink of eye) to expand keeps the neck from moving during the incident. This can replace the cumbersone "D" Ring system, Hans or Leatt that all limit neck mobility while racing. Like the airbag in your car it only works when an incident happens. However, if you are comfortable with the "D" Ring, Hans or Leatt then please continue to use them. My only hope is that all open boat drivers use something that will keep their neck from any injury in the event of a crash.
In addition to sizes S, M, L for $250 plus S/H we are now offering XL and XXL for $280 plus $20/Co2 cartridge. I have increased the lanyard size for our purposes as well.

I am placing a fairly large order this coming week and am taking orders. If you're interested and want one, please email me back with your name & size and I'll include this in the order which should be here within two weeks (or possibly sooner). Also, please inclue if you want a single Co2 cartridge or 2 (one for the NAS system and one for back up) as has become the standard from the racers that have puchased the system or place orders already.

If you weren't at Phoenix or Parker and would like more information, please don't hesitate to email or call at your convenience.

If you have questions, please don't hesitate to email or call me with any questions.

Sincerely,

Ross Wallach, President
RPM RACING ENTERPRISES
1803 Morgan Lane
Redondo Beach, CA 90278
(310) 318-4012
Home Page

Attachments

·
Village Idiot
3,528 Posts
Ross, I figure asking a genuine question here might be appropriate. Does this go over or under your chute jacket? If under, it is so bulky that you might need a larger jacket?

I like the idea, and thanks for posting it here.

Paul

·
Distinguished Member
5,782 Posts
A bunch of us saw this demo'ed in Bakersfield last weekend. Tony put one on, then his vest/helmet and Ross popped the CO2 cartridge to inflate. When you see it in action, you can't hardly think that it can only help. Pretty much every racer there, myself included, ordered one. It fits easily under your vest and is much less restrictive than a typical helmet restraint. IMHO and I have NO medical background, but it's a long overdue improvement....

·
Precision Craft Marine
1,563 Posts
It fits under your jacket.
This is progression. I seriously commend you for investing in this Ross. Anytime that anyone is making effort to help with safety, that person really deserves an award for progress. My hat is off to you Ross. I will be ordering at the end of this week. I will test it in May at Ming driving one of the fastest and quickest open hydro's on the planet.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
This is progression. I seriously commend you for investing in this Ross. Anytime that anyone is making effort to help with safety, that person really deserves an award for progress. My hat is off to you Ross. I will be ordering at the end of this week. I will test it in May at Ming driving one of the fastest and quickest open hydro's on the planet.

Lets hope you only wear it and not test it
:no:

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you

Thanks Joe! I too hope it is just there for your protection and you never have to use but I'm confident if that day should come it will do what it was designed to do.

Now the biggest issue I'm having, I've overwhelmed the mfg. with the orders so I'm working on the timeline when they will be delivered. My hope is by June but we'll see. The latest would be early July (per their last email). I'm trying to get a partial in by next race day but I'm pushing them to get these done and sent. I'll keep everyone posted.

Ross Wallach
RPM RACING ENTERPRISES

·
Registered
100 Posts
Very cool.im interested in one in the future. It doesn't look like it, but would there be any concerns for lake racing without proper safety boats..

Like said above, thanks for thinking outside the box and developing such a cool piece

·
Registered
497 Posts
With the unit deployed is there any service that needs to be done before it goes back in service ?

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

·
Village Idiot
3,528 Posts
From what I understand, you can easily re-pack the air bladder(s) yourself and then replace the spent CO2 cartridge.
That would be awesome as I know I am going to stand up without detaching the tether from the boat.:))eek:)) If it is something that can easily be serviced then that would be great.

Paul

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Yes

The unit can be repacked in just a few minutes and the Co2 cartridge is meant to be replaced. This takes a flat blade screwdriver and also takes less than 5 minutes to put back together and it's ready to be used again. The reason most are buying a back up 2nd cartridge is mainly for this reason and/or an incident.

I encourage any and all questions on this so please don't hesitate to post or pm or email me - [email protected] or call (310) 318-4012.

Ross Wallach
RPM RACING ENTERPRISES

·
Village Idiot
3,528 Posts
The unit can be repacked in just a few minutes and the Co2 cartridge is meant to be replaced. This takes a flat blade screwdriver and also takes less than 5 minutes to put back together and it's ready to be used again. The reason most are buying a back up 2nd cartridge is mainly for this reason and/or an incident.

I encourage any and all questions on this so please don't hesitate to post or pm or email me - [email protected] or call (310) 318-4012.

Ross Wallach
RPM RACING ENTERPRISES
That was my last direct question, and you answered it well. I just know I will get excited or be silly and stand up and forget to unhook the cord. LOL It is good to know that it is setup for morons like me. LOL Thanks Ross

Paul

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
No

Other than replacing the Co2 cartridge and repacking the airbags (each take approx. 5 minutes) that's it.

No re-certification process.

Ross Wallach
RPM RACING ENTERPRISES

1 - 20 of 36 Posts