Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There will be a new Sheriff in town very shortly Yellow Boats Beware !!!More to come. ............................:D

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know how to paste or post pic's I'm still compuker illiterate , The boat is a 21 Spectra V-Drive posted in the spam section by short bus.............. I bought it less engine, It will be on it's way to Mich. from Arizona Monday, I should have it by Thurs. if all goes well !!!! The only reason I bought it was The YELLOW stripe caught my eye !!!!!:D

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
That boat hauls the mail, I think he raced it at Parker one year. He left everyone behind till the motor let go.

·
Premium Member
3,276 Posts
That cool! Sweet boat.:)devil

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I looked at a lot of boats, this one is a little rough cosmetically, needs interior, however the v-drive was moved forward a foot and it was converted from a 12 degree strut to a 10..and the bottom was blueprinted and has all new floors........... It was clocked at 117 mph with a turbo'd 489................ HAD TO HAVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!! Should be here Thursday !!!!!

·
Highaboosta
3,431 Posts
That looks like a real nice boat Bill.
I bet she will run in some rough water.

I'm anxious to see it at Hardy this summer.

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Does the boat come with the dog too? I think he likes the boat too! :D

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That looks like a real nice boat Bill.
I bet she will run in some rough water.

I'm anxious to see it at Hardy this summer.
That was the plan, the wife totally HATES the flat to the point where she puts up a lot of resistance, It was either new model trophy wife, or 4 seater v-bottom (camouflage) race boat........................ The boat will be a LOT cheaper.!!!!!......................

·
Highaboosta
3,431 Posts
The flatbottoms are a certainly a great thrill ride drag boat but as one guy put it a while back,

"after I took a rough ride in that flatbottom,
my nuts were'nt the same for a week" :D

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
The flatbottoms are a certainly a great thrill ride drag boat but as one guy put it a while back,

"after I took a rough ride in that flatbottom,
my nuts were'nt the same for a week" :D
I work 5 miles away from the Saginaw River, the 15 mile streach from Saginaw to Bay City is the finest in the country for a flatbottom. Never anybody out there on a weekday, and never crowded on the weekends. I had a 19 hydro v - drive bbc when I was 19. Also have had 4 flatbottoms over the years and 4 different outboards.............. Had a ball with every one of them. I also had a 31 footer with twin v-8 Johnsons can you spell gas hog ? One more, I restored a 1958 Cris Craft 17 Deluxe Runabout and put a v-8 chevy in it. I loved that thing but got tired of babysitting it. If I had the money, I would have a tunnel hull also. I also have a 277 sea ray sundancer that I have owned for 16 years. We used it when the kids were little. Most seasons I rent a slip and use it as a cottage, weather has been funky this year for boating and I have a bunch of work to do on it. I guess you could say I'm a total boat junkie ! ...................... My game plan is to start going to some of the meets, but the wife won't go in the flat.............. I am considering selling if anybody is interested let me know, I have a complete spare tunnel ram motor for it and will be pulling the blower motor out in the next 2 weeks. I can sell it with or without motor.............My 19 year old kid wants it............ but I don't think thats such a good idea..................... I would rather sell it and give him the money and help him buy a baja io or an outboard to get started................

·
Breathing Diesel
2,111 Posts
There will be a new Sheriff in town very shortly Yellow Boats Beware !!!More to come. ............................:D

Guess we will meet up at the O K corral this summer on the shag nasty river ;)

Nice looking boat Violater!!! for a v-drive :)hand

H E S may be king of the river this year if he ever get it together :)grn

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Guess we will meet up at the O K corral this summer on the shag nasty river ;)

Nice looking boat Violater!!! for a v-drive :)hand

H E S may be king of the river this year if he ever get it together :)grn
Hey Scott !!! Where have you been hiding ?????? When and IF the weather changes we need to find a couple of designated drivers and hook up at pontoon alley this summer at Wixom and solve a few world problems !!!!.................. Are you up and running ????? H. E, S. is stopping by the shop tomorrow at 6 and we are going to change the rocker geometry on my motor, I broke a stud last year so I put new Manly longer ones in and I saw where the pushrods are wearing on the guide plates and the roller is not centered on the valve enough when the valve is all the way open.............. It's running great but only a matter of time for a failure................... thats the difference between a master engine builder and a guy who Thinks he is !!!!!

·
Breathing Diesel
2,111 Posts
Hey Scott !!! Where have you been hiding ?????? When and IF the weather changes we need to find a couple of designated drivers and hook up at pontoon alley this summer at Wixom and solve a few world problems !!!!.................. Are you up and running ????? H. E, S. is stopping by the shop tomorrow at 6 and we are going to change the rocker geometry on my motor, I broke a stud last year so I put new Manly longer ones in and I saw where the pushrods are wearing on the guide plates and the roller is not centered on the valve enough when the valve is all the way open.............. It's running great but only a matter of time for a failure................... thats the difference between a master engine builder and a guy who Thinks he is !!!!!
I dont hide violater :)hand, I have been freaking busy. Since working for my boss again this year and getting some side work ( if I get any more I may just go back into biz again ) But I have my boat work done just need to put back together ( hope what I did works and if the weather changes would help me get it done faster :D ) HES is a good trouble shooter and can figure things out most of the time. Just dont let him go into coble mode.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts