Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Good to see that boat on the water again.
Looks aired out!

·
Glendale Arizona
2,368 Posts
Wow thats a nice set.
I sure miss my jet boat, but dont miss the back pain:D
19' gullwing. It's probably not as bad as what you remember if you had a semi-v. Definitely one of the best riding jets I've ever driven (or been in for that matter).. Just got one and am running it for the first season. It's pretty darned smooth.

Don't suppose Greg or Cale would care to share any setup secrets?

What kind of hp is that one running?

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
19' gullwing. It's probably not as bad as what you remember (unless you had one of these). Definitely one of the best riding jets I've ever driven (or been in for that matter).. Just got one and am running it for the first season. It's pretty darned smooth.
bout time to change that avi isn't it:D

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
I either forget the camera, or forget to get it out. Maybe this weekend. :D
:Dme too:p we went out sunday and i was hoping to get a nice air'd out upclose shot of me making a pass, but i got sidetracked(blew a inlet water line in 2:mad:) and by the time i got back from town with parts, i was ready to drink:)hand

awesome pic! let's hear about the boat, i'm always curious on what other gullwingers are hanging under the boat.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
1982 cp

Old race boat converted to a river boat. In 1982 Norm Grimes and myself put a .030 over 454 together. Ran the boat for a long time with a small shot of nos. 2 years ago I built a 572 for it and ran a 300 shot of nos boat ran very good . During that time I really work on the set up and as you cam see it seems to have paid off. My son never really showed much intrest in the boat so I was surprised that he changed his mind this winter and showed a lot of intrest in running the boat by himself without dad in the boat. We pulled the 572 out , went thru the 460 and made it a 468 with compression and a small shot of nos once again Cub Scout is back on the water with a new driver. The 572 is probably going to end up in our newly aquired TPR 19.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Old race boat converted to a river boat. In 1982 Norm Grimes and myself put a .030 over 454 together. Ran the boat for a long time with a small shot of nos. 2 years ago I built a 572 for it and ran a 300 shot of nos boat ran very good . During that time I really work on the set up and as you cam see it seems to have paid off. My son never really showed much intrest in the boat so I was surprised that he changed his mind this winter and showed a lot of intrest in running the boat by himself without dad in the boat. We pulled the 572 out , went thru the 460 and made it a 468 with compression and a small shot of nos once again Cub Scout is back on the water with a new driver. The 572 is probably going to end up in our newly aquired TPR 19.
Saw you taking him out last season? maybe the season before and making some passes. I had heard he was going to be running it, but hadn't seen it in a while.
Then Chris told me a couple weeks ago to be on the look out.
Another nice addition to the lagoon. Looking forward to seeing some passes this season.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
56 to 57 hundred off the bottle. 65 to 66 hundred on the bottle. It's running over 100 mph. in a 1000 feet.
That looks damn good Greg :)grn That baby is aired out and looking good.

I hope to make back to Aha this Summer maybe I'll she her run.

Sleeper CP :D

·
not really
130 Posts
Makin his Pappa Proud. Looks like Im gonna be runnin The New Shoe in the lagoon now. Boat looks way too good.

·
Registered
10 Posts
3d generation against 2nd generation should be a good race if 3d gen can get his old man away from the motor. I wonder if it will be like the old days ?
my dad working on my motor wasnt the problem. a bad block is a bad block! nothing he could do about too thin of cyclinder walls. anyways, i have some extra help from gold cup leader himself....... mike miller! :D also im sure with shoe being the professional he is, he will hardware my boat to the best of his ability!!!!And for cale.... im glad him is getting some seat time, i wouldnt want him to be a push over.... lol, just playing cale! looking forward to the 4th.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts