Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Tim and I am new to this forum. I currently own a 26' Howard Cat(Paul Pfaff 540/Imco drive) and a 20' Taylor LP Jet(built 502/NOS). I bought the Taylor new in 1983 and the Howard new in 2003. The floor and stringers on the Taylor are shot. I have never replaced stringers in a boat but I,m a carpenter by trade so I know I can fix the old girl but I need some input as to the best materials to use. What type of wood, glass, epoxy resin vs. the other stuff? Also any tips on the actual process of installing the stringers to the bottom of the hull etc. Thanks to all in advance for the advice.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hi, my name is Tim and I am new to this forum. I currently own a 26' Howard Cat(Paul Pfaff 540/Imco drive) and a 20' Taylor LP Jet(built 502/NOS). I bought the Taylor new in 1983 and the Howard new in 2003. The floor and stringers on the Taylor are shot. I have never replaced stringers in a boat but I,m a carpenter by trade so I know I can fix the old girl but I need some input as to the best materials to use. What type of wood, glass, epoxy resin vs. the other stuff? Also any tips on the actual process of installing the stringers to the bottom of the hull etc. Thanks to all in advance for the advice.
Tim welcome and good luck on your new project. You might have better luck posting this question up in the fiberglass section, and do a search while you are there. There are lots of good threads on stringer replacement.

Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts