Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally bit the bullet and decided to build myself a "proper" adventureboat. Obviously a big departure from what you guys are used to but one hell of a fun boat. Never really liked the 2 stroke jet thing but let me tell you when you have to push the boat 300 feet its a welcome departure from the big block haha

The boat is a 17 X Sport, Steptec bottom, Qt100 Steel skid plate, UHMW nose protection powered by a Mercury 240 HP Sportjet. This is the infamous beaverdam jumping boat Im sure most of you have seen in videos etc

We cut the boat after hours wed nite and Jeff agree'd to come in and weld her up over the holidays. Here's a few pics of the progress so far. Sorry about the crappy cell phone pics...

Boat side

Transom and misc parts

"steps" transom etc

Bow halves

On the jig

Bottom basically finished

Sides are next!

Cheers

·
steelcomp was here
26,529 Posts
From a fabrication stand point I think what you guys do is pretty darn cool.
Merry Christmas and I hope you have a great year.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The boat fab is done but I dont have a pic of it finished. Here is the most recent shot, just missing the bow/deck

Now I have to come up with a good colour, thinking Atomic Orange (07 Vette) but its not bright enough in dimmer light, looks brown. Any one have a suggestion for a similar colour? I want it metallic, orange/copper but want it to still seem "bright" in dull light etc

Cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
James,,, Don't worry about your boat. Worry about getting mine in there and painted:(:(....
You'll have fun with that boat.

·
Uber Caffeinated
1,090 Posts
I never thought much about how they are constructed but it sure looks tough enough; like it could withstand beaver dam jumps no problem! :cool: As for the color I don't know about boat paints but wondered if it was possible to add glow in the dark stuff to it before applying it and have it "glow" for a time after the light fades?
Hope to see the finished pics after it's all painted in any case. :)

P.S. This --> http://www.fastboatscanada.com/vBulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=1528&d=1199314520
is a red x for me with img tags and the link just takes me to a login screen.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I never thought much about how they are constructed but it sure looks tough enough; like it could withstand beaver dam jumps no problem! :cool: As for the color I don't know about boat paints but wondered if it was possible to add glow in the dark stuff to it before applying it and have it "glow" for a time after the light fades?
Hope to see the finished pics after it's all painted in any case. :)

P.S. This --> http://www.fastboatscanada.com/vBulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=1528&d=1199314520
is a red x for me with img tags and the link just takes me to a login screen.

Crap thats one of those forums you have to sign into before you can see the pictures. I'll post updated ones soon. I havent had a camera with me when Ive been at the boat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts