Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! My name is Rob and I moved out here to CA from Minneapolis with my girlfriend (now fiance) Donna about a year ago and we brought our Velocity 260 with us :)

So far we have boated on Don Pedro a few times but we really like the Delta a lot better. Since we don't know anyone and don't really know where to go we haven't really ventured out past ski beach and Windmill Cove. We live in Modesto so we always trailer up to Ladd's marina in Stockton and just kind of hang around that area (but it gets kinda boring). I don't even know where any other boat launches are besides Ladd's! (kind of pathetic I know!) To be honest the boating last year wasn't really that fun for us because it seems like everyone has wakeboard boats and that's not really our style of boating. But I think that's all about to change!!

I recently met Jeff Glow (owner of Smooth as Glass) when I went to get some fiberglass work done on my engine hatch and he told me about this website and the Delta Lunch Bunch. Then through him I met Drew over at Boatworks (he is installing some Dana trim tabs on my boat). I can already tell both of these guys are cool as hell and much closer to my personality type and my interests than what who I've met so far out on the water.

I bought my boat when I was living in Louisiana and owned it down there for about 7 years. Since then I moved to MI and boated there for a few years on Lake St. Clair, then Minnesota on Lake Minnetonka, and now here! I'm going to do my best to come out on March 19 and hopefully meet some more of the Delta Lunch Bunch.

I'm looking forward to boating with guys that have similar style boats as me. See you on the water!!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
warning, we are all a bunch of misfits, no one in this group runs there boats because they are all junk and we are afraid they may break. We just show up at a marina and trailer race and drink instead... Saves on fuel too!:)sphss:)sphss:):)hand

Welcome to the JUNGLE! Bring your beast and be prepared to run it and have a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)devil:)devil:)devil

·
4 Posts
Im not new to the area but new to this pb stuff and this group is as cool as it gets, I have been lucky enough to go on a few runs with these guys and what a blast your in for a treat this summer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It doesn't look like I will make it out tomorrow because my boat is still in the middle of getting trim tabs installed. I should be good to go for the next event though! Everyone be safe out there and look forward to meeting you all next time!

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Well driving through a rainstorm probably would not be the best way to be introduced to a navigational nightmare you will quickly learn and love.

·
a.k.a. "Mean Pair"
5,961 Posts

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
welcome v260,i believe we have another 260 who rolls with us also,cant remember his name:)sphss see ya at a boat launch soon...anthony

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Should be picking up the boat from Boatmasters today!! Almost ready to start burning gas!!! Can't wait!! Let me know the next time one of you is heading out so I can come meet up with you.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts