Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so who's got one, are they any good, would you recomend one, what kind of deal did you get and most importantly in this day and age what kind of mileage are you seeing out of it?

Just kicking tires and the new Tundra caught my eye and was wanting some personal insight on what any of you Tundra owners think! Thanks in advance for your input:D

·
Rubbing is Racing!!
2,837 Posts
Shoot 26Lavey525 a PM (The Photogolou of Toyota)

Trucks hauls ass and I would expect real world mileage in the 12-16 range (towing will be less) :)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shoot 26Lavey525 a PM (The Photogolou of Toyota)

Trucks hauls ass and I would expect real world mileage in the 12-16 range (towing will be less) :)
Hey CT,
Nice to meet you and the Mrs. the other night! We really enjoyed the company and the tasty BBQ.:D

Thanks for the heads up about 26Lavey525, I may have to look him up. I was mostly curious about the mileage because a customer of mine was trying to tell me that he had an 06' Tacoma and just picked up a new Tundra and the Tundra gets just about the same mileage as the Tacoma. I found that a bit hard to believe, but figured it would be worth looking into. He was trying to tell me that because of the rear end gear ratio and the transmission gear ratios that it cruised down the highway at 1700RPM, thus yeilding better mileage then other 1/2 ton trucks!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
lookthere are some nice pics of some lifted ones here somewhere.

I showed the pics to a colleague and suggested he check them out.:D

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hey Buddy

Chris, you know if you get one you're going to find something you don't like about it and get something new in 6 months. I'm just sayin. ;)

·
Rubbing is Racing!!
2,837 Posts
Hey CT,
Nice to meet you and the Mrs. the other night! We really enjoyed the company and the tasty BBQ.:D

Thanks for the heads up about 26Lavey525, I may have to look him up. I was mostly curious about the mileage because a customer of mine was trying to tell me that he had an 06' Tacoma and just picked up a new Tundra and the Tundra gets just about the same mileage as the Tacoma. I found that a bit hard to believe, but figured it would be worth looking into. He was trying to tell me that because of the rear end gear ratio and the transmission gear ratios that it cruised down the highway at 1700RPM, thus yeilding better mileage then other 1/2 ton trucks!
Nice haging with you two as well...It was a good time and we will have to do it again:)

EPA estimates are 13 City 17 Highway. I have a client that loves his but said the mileage was alot worse than he expected when he had his foot in it. I imagine the 5 speed auto helps a tad but it is still a 380hp truck.

They do haul ass if thats what your looking for:D

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
kylemenz1 has one and he really likes his as far as i know, and i think he told me he gets about 11 or 12 mpg towing his 26 ft cat. plus they are huge and have a lot of room and i really like the interior lay out of them as well... i have an 06 and am thinking about trading it in for a new one!

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Just bought one about a month ago. Bought it from 26lavey525 and he made me a great deal. Truck hauls ass and has a ton of room. Mine lifted, so the mileage is a little worse than stock, but no different than any other lifted gas pickup. Give john a call, he will help you out..

Attachments

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
have a 2wd limited access cab with the 5.7L. got 19-20 on the freeway, 16-17 around town.

when we lifted it on 35's the mileage went into the crapper. gets about 14 on the freeway and 12 around town now.

great truck and it hauls ass.

·
Lavey Me Alone
1,417 Posts
have a 2wd limited access cab with the 5.7L. got 19-20 on the freeway, 16-17 around town.

when we lifted it on 35's the mileage went into the crapper. gets about 14 on the freeway and 12 around town now.

great truck and it hauls ass.
Mike, Did you re-gear when you went to the 35's?

RTJas :D

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Mike, Did you re-gear when you went to the 35's?

RTJas :D
no but i did a bunch of burnouts yesterday trying to get a better final drive ratio. i think i got the back tires down to 33-inches in diameter. A few more smokey ones and my speedo will read correctly again.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
When you get the 5.7L with a tow package, it comes with 4.30 gears in it. They reprogramed mine so the speedo worked correct, but the gears are so deep, even with 35's it still pulls great. My mileage is about the same, 14 and 12..

·
Registered
151 Posts
26Lavey525 hooked me up as well. John is a good guy to deal with. The truck is far more than we expected when it came to ride quaility and power.
Here is my little truck

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you for all of your feed back guys and nice trucks you have too by the way!!! I shot 26Lavey525 a PM, so we'll see what he can do for me. Thanks again:D

P.S. Reaper...you know me all to well, but you gotta give me a little credit, as I held onto my last Chevy for 4 years and at least I keep a truck longer then most guys keep there DCB's haha!!!:D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Ok, so who's got one, are they any good, would you recomend one, what kind of deal did you get and most importantly in this day and age what kind of mileage are you seeing out of it?

Just kicking tires and the new Tundra caught my eye and was wanting some personal insight on what any of you Tundra owners think! Thanks in advance for your input:D
Since your in the moto industry talk to Donn at TWMX, he pull's a 26' toy hauler with his. I have one that I purchased from John and absolutly love it. Heres mine.http://www.performanceboats.com//attachment.php?attachmentid=6089&stc=1&d=1207839780

Attachments

·
Willow Valley / Palmdale
562 Posts

Got mine last August. Runs great!!! Have had no issues. Tows and launches my 5k boat. Towed my 27 ft fifth wheel last summer through Yosimiti with no problems. Towed up all grades better than my 1994 Ford Dually with the 460. I get 16/17 mpg going to and from work. The milage did drop to 11 when towing.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Thank you for all of your feed back guys and nice trucks you have too by the way!!! I shot 26Lavey525 a PM, so we'll see what he can do for me. Thanks again:D

P.S. Reaper...you know me all to well, but you gotta give me a little credit, as I held onto my last Chevy for 4 years and at least I keep a truck longer then most guys keep there DCB's haha!!!:D
You know it! :)grn

Hey, by the way, the new CCR sport web site is looking good!:D

1 - 20 of 66 Posts