Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I couldn't log in with my old user name "Pale Rider" so I re-registered using the name of our drag boat, BAD NOTION. We were going to go to CFW with our boat this past Father's Day, but my son (who will be driving our boat) got an invitation to drive a new chassis builders race car on that weekend > we couldn't pass it up. Maybe next time. In the meantime, we will see you at the NJBA's drag boat event at Lake Ming in September!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Welcome aboard "Newbie" lol.
I had to do the same thing with my account. I haven't used my original email in years and now I've lost my username from 9 years ago.
I think Performanceboats.com really dropped the ball on his one.

·
Premium Member
3,755 Posts
Seriously.... these IT people! ------passwords with 10 digits, with numbers, letters big and small, and symbols!!!! :mad: I cant remember what I ate for dinner last night and they want us to remember all this crap for a forum log in?????? BS!

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Reality
YEA, I hate the password thing too, but if you read the notice it wasn't just PERFORMANCE BOATS. PerformanceBoats was a victim also.
Next time, write your password down and keep it.

Now, if I can just remember which password I'm using for my security, which is for banking, which is for RiverDave, which one is for my cable and which of those is the last one.
If only, I can just find my list now.:dunno:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mine wasn't a password issue, but rather an email one. Does anyone remember AOL. Well, I signed up with an AOL email account that is long gone. When they reset my password, they sent it to a dead email account.
It's sad, I had over 8,000 posts..lol.

·
Registered
19,891 Posts
Mine wasn't a password issue, but rather an email one. Does anyone remember AOL. Well, I signed up with an AOL email account that is long gone. When they reset my password, they sent it to a dead email account.
who ever you are you could put

Ace of Shades
AKA blah blah blah :)hand

·
Registered
623 Posts
Seriously.... these IT people! ------passwords with 10 digits, with numbers, letters big and small, and symbols!!!! :mad: I cant remember what I ate for dinner last night and they want us to remember all this crap for a forum log in?????? BS!
No kidding ! Way to complicated for a forum password, do they think I'm storing my banking info in here ? . I got lucky and still had the same Email, but had to request a reset code at least 7 or 8 times before it finally sent me one.

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
For those of you who never updated your e-mail address and therefore did not receive the e-mail with a temp password: go down to the bottom of the screen and find the "contact us" button. Scroll down the subject section to "other," click it and enter "password reset". In the message box enter your OLD screen name that you want to log back into and the email address you want to associate with that account and have them send you the reset email. These are the instructions they have given for "lost email address" on some of their(Vertical Scope's) other forums.

As for passwords, how hard is it to add a couple characters to whatever you have been using?

BTW, the password you receive in the email is not the password you have to keep. It is a temp, so you can log on and then go reset the password to one of your own choosing. This little detail caused a lot of problems on another forum as the temp passwords expired.....

·
Registered
26 Posts
For those of you who never updated your e-mail address and therefore did not receive the e-mail with a temp password: go down to the bottom of the screen and find the "contact us" button. Scroll down the subject section to "other," click it and enter "password reset". In the message box enter your OLD screen name that you want to log back into and the email address you want to associate with that account and have them send you the reset email. These are the instructions they have given for "lost email address" on some of their(Vertical Scope's) other forums.

As for passwords, how hard is it to add a couple characters to whatever you have been using?

BTW, the password you receive in the email is not the password you have to keep. It is a temp, so you can log on and then go reset the password to one of your own choosing. This little detail caused a lot of problems on another forum as the temp passwords expired.....
I contacted them twice via the avenue you mentioned and have yet to get a response..

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
I contacted them twice via the avenue you mentioned and have yet to get a response..
I have an idea. Let me go try something on another forum.

BTW, per their info on the other forum, do not send multiple requests. It may take some time for a reply. I think they are pretty busy with this stuff right now.

·
Registered
660 Posts
AOL? I might have you beat. Mine was EarthLink.

·
Registered
623 Posts
So the new password they sent is going to expire ? I didn't change it, just been using what they sent. :)eh:)

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
So the new password they sent is going to expire ? I didn't change it, just been using what they sent. :)eh:)
From what I understand from another forum it may expire. I suggest going to "settings" at the top right, scroll down to "Edit email and password" and create a new password. Note that you will need to enter whatever password you are currently logging in with in the first box("enter present password") and then your new one that you create twice. If the new password meets the requirements, all the red "X" will turn into green check marks. Then click "Save Changes".

I think one of the mistakes people were making on the other site is the first step where you "enter present password". They were entering their old password. You must enter the same password that you just used to log in with.

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Just for grins, if you remember your AOL email and and its password, you should check it. My old AOL is still active.

·
Registered
623 Posts
From what I understand from another forum it may expire. I suggest going to "settings" at the top right, scroll down to "Edit email and password" and create a new password. Note that you will need to enter whatever password you are currently logging in with in the first box("enter present password") and then your new one that you create twice. If the new password meets the requirements, all the red "X" will turn into green check marks. Then click "Save Changes".

I think one of the mistakes people were making on the other site is the first step where you "enter present password". They were entering their old password. You must enter the same password that you just used to log in with.
Thanks, I'll do that. :))THumbsUp

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
I have a question for you guys. What is the deal with everyone ragging on AOL? I have had an AOL account since the beginning of time, almost ...LOL I, for the life of me don't know what is wrong it it. I have used a few of the other e mail servers and don't like there formats so I just stick with AOL. Clue me in, please...:hmmm:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts