Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, im new to the forums and wanted to give a quick intro.
my name is rydar and i live in northwest in western washington. i have a 16ft 1977 custom hull jet boat with a 350 olds. story behind the boat: my dad had the boat custom ordered in 77 and its been in the family ever since.
here is a quick pic.

so its nothing radical like some of the boats on here but its okay for me.

but i had a couple of questions, how much would it be if i were to pay a shop to do a complete pump swap? the boat has a berkeley 12 JC pump with a place diverter and i want a newer updated pump that i can bolt a snoot to.
and is it worth it?

im new to the jet boat scene since ive only had mine for about 5 years and have had no interest to upgrade anything in it before now.

thanks you

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
hello, im new to the forums and wanted to give a quick intro.
my name is rydar and i live in northwest in western washington. i have a 16ft 1977 custom hull jet boat with a 350 olds. story behind the boat: my dad had the boat custom ordered in 77 and its been in the family ever since.
here is a quick pic.

so its nothing radical like some of the boats on here but its okay for me.

but i had a couple of questions, how much would it be if i were to pay a shop to do a complete pump swap? the boat has a berkeley 12 JC pump with a place diverter and i want a newer updated pump that i can bolt a snoot to.
and is it worth it?

im new to the jet boat scene since ive only had mine for about 5 years and have had no interest to upgrade anything in it before now.

thanks you
All you need is a G bowl and you will be fine. A few bolts and some silicone and your done. Tom at Jet boat performance has several bowls that can put you where you want to be. He can probably sell you the droop as well.

Cy

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Welcome.. I would suggest you ask this question first before spending that cash on a split bowl and a snoot.

Since i only have a 350 that does x RPM at X MPH would a split bowl and snoot help me perform better on the water?

I had asked similar questions about ride plates and snoots and was advised until i picked up some more speed and HP then those changes would not help me near as much as i could using that money toward other power adders.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Welcome.. I would suggest you ask this question first before spending that cash on a split bowl and a snoot.

Since i only have a 350 that does x RPM at X MPH would a split bowl and snoot help me perform better on the water?

I had asked similar questions about ride plates and snoots and was advised until i picked up some more speed and HP then those changes would not help me near as much as i could using that money toward other power adders.

Now thats some good advice..

But a split bowl and droop has a cool factor to it:D

Something about that boat i like.. Maybe the fact , it's in the water:)grn

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the advice guys.
im in the market to upgrade to a whole new boat. so if anyone knows of a longer boat with a big block in the washington/oregon area please let me know!

i asked about a pump change because i found a few boats that arent listed for sale who are selling their boats, that have panther pumps which to me arent appealing.

·
Registered
995 Posts
northwest

Go to 'Skagen Boats .com' and you'll find the greatest bunch of boaters. They all hang at Tony Skagen's boat shop in Auburn WA. Also my buddy Corndog on here has a panther pump with a energiser kit for sale. Might be just what you need. Pat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts