Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find the right forum topic it hang out in and start building some networks. I am new to performance boating even though my new to me boat doesn't have alot of power, so I don't know if I should be in the regional group of the "type of boat" groups. I have been an avid waterskier/barefooter for 22 years. My first boat was a 1975 Ski Avenger that I sold years ago. I currently own a 1993 malibu flightcraft barefooter for the past 12 years.

The reason I am posting over hear in PB is I just bought a 82 26 foot Sleekcraft Ambassador (SBC 350/VolvoPenta). PB seems to be the best fit on the internet. Am I in the right place or can someone direct me to the right fit? I am a Chandler local for 16 years....

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Welcome aboard

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I will start a "Disassemble, Clean, Scrub, Sand and Reuse" thread... not to be confused with a "Build"... This boat is intended to be a "Low Budget Driver".

Currently working the GelCoat with some basic, de-oxidizder/polish and Wax. Removed alot of the exterior Hardward for a de-scale soaking in CLR.

Fully stripped the interior for a DeScale and Scrubbing but it will go back in.

Evaluating all the wiring and other system while its apart.

Re-carpeting is underway ....

Attachments

·
Under yo mommas bed
1,884 Posts
Welcome . You are in the right place for the area that you live in. There are also boat specific areas here for advice on what you need to do with your specific boat.
I don't know a lot about your boat but ask away if you get stumped cause there is a lot of knowledge on here.
jangles

·
" Live Laterally "
4,536 Posts
It can be addicting. Lots of good guys here. Oh yeah, if you DONT like to have a good time stay away from the EAST SIDERS!!!:)hand

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Previous owner thought you varnished teak,.... so I have stripped and oiled the three rear steps. The step that sits above the outdrive is a lot lighter. I am hoping its that way because it doesn't sit in the water like the waterline step do. It is a solid piece of wood, not the interwoven style like the two lower steps. Question: Is it teak? Or an imposter?

Obviously it hasn't been oiled yet in this pic to help identify...

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts