Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Finally satisfied
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions that I know some of you guys can answer. first I am new to the whole supercharger deal. I have built and owned several big inch na and n20 motors as well as turbo motors but I am lost when it comes to a roots blower. the motor is a 522 with a blower shop 871 no cooler. What is a good ball park to start out with timing wise? the heads are aluminum. also the intake has 2 -8 fittings that I am assuming are water dumps? do I need these? lastly this is probably a dumb question but where do you put the oil in the blower? lol!!! take it easy on me guys I am learning as I go.

·
Registered
379 Posts
You should have a plug or pressure button on the front cover that's where the oil goes. Im assuming your intake has the -8 in the rear? yes those are water ports. I run a equalization line between the two and dump out the front thermostat housing. The timing is not as straight forward to answer. Need more info like What % are you running the blower at? How much compression? What type of fuel are you using? What are your plans for this motor? Race/fun? I'm running a 6-71 @11.7%over on a 506 with alum. heads. My total timing is 28deg. Its a little conservative but the motor likes it there.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
You should have a plug or pressure button on the front cover that's where the oil goes. Im assuming your intake has the -8 in the rear? yes those are water ports. I run a equalization line between the two and dump out the front thermostat housing. The timing is not as straight forward to answer. Need more info like What % are you running the blower at? How much compression? What type of fuel are you using? What are your plans for this motor? Race/fun? I'm running a 6-71 @11.7%over on a 506 with alum. heads. My total timing is 28deg. Its a little conservative but the motor likes it there.
So when you say 11.7% do you mean 11.7PSI of boost?

Thank you

·
Registered
379 Posts
The gauge reads 10/11lbs unsure how accurate that is. Ive got it mounted on the dash with about 12 feet of a -3 Teflon braided line. Does anyone know if u lose pressure in a long line like that?

·
Finally satisfied
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
can I dump the water out of the two pports in the rear? one on each side of the boat or is it better to dump it out of the t stat housing?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts