Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new here, wanted to say hi. I have been researching for a couple years about v drives and jet drives. i have decided to take the plunge and start looking for a good project boat. It is what i can afford or trade for, lol.
After being up all night reading Hal's resto, lol. That Bro should write a book on resto tips. He gave me motivation to go for one.
I do have to say i really like sanger hydros and shovels. I plan to cruise around on lakes, and enjoy the sound of a big block breathing. I am open to suggestions or guidance to the awsome world of the most bitchin boats ever made. These remind me of the muscle cars on water but way better, power to weight ratio is stupid awsome.
I have to say thanks for everyone posting projects and letting me see what i am getting into, lmao. Thanks Hal, very informative and detailed. I am hoping i can get one soon. trying to trade or sale my toy for a project. I am so glad i found this site, it is really bitchin.
thanks everyone and merry christmas

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
I am new here, wanted to say hi. I have been researching for a couple years about v drives and jet drives. i have decided to take the plunge and start looking for a good project boat. It is what i can afford or trade for, lol.
After being up all night reading Hal's resto, lol. That Bro should write a book on resto tips. He gave me motivation to go for one.
I do have to say i really like sanger hydros and shovels. I plan to cruise around on lakes, and enjoy the sound of a big block breathing. I am open to suggestions or guidance to the awsome world of the most bitchin boats ever made. These remind me of the muscle cars on water but way better, power to weight ratio is stupid awsome.
I have to say thanks for everyone posting projects and letting me see what i am getting into, lmao. Thanks Hal, very informative and detailed. I am hoping i can get one soon. trying to trade or sale my toy for a project. I am so glad i found this site, it is really bitchin.
thanks everyone and merry christmas
Welcome to the zoo. What you need to do is decide what you want to do with your V-drive. You want a race boat, lake hot rod or a fast cruiser. With your interest in Hydro's you will be limited with what you can do with it. The choice of a v-drive over a squirt boat you are heading in the right direction. Post up and we'll help with our limited knowledge or our personal preference.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been reading and watching sale ad's and researched what i can . Until last night i was reading hal's resto thread. Finally went to bed at 6 am , lmao. I am sick with the gearhead disease, :wink2:. I really want a v drive, hot rod cruiser for around the lakes. I have alot of years in the auto industry, so i do mind getting my hands dirty. I Really like the hydro's and shovel's but i know the flatty's have more room. I am trying to sell or trade the ATK for a project. I prefer to build it so i know it backwards and forwards.

·
Registered
19,887 Posts
Got friends in versails ky.
Glad you found the site..
Lotsa project v-drives.i hope you get the old shovel nose in nevada

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. i am hoping to grab obie's project but gotta sell one of the toys first. hopefully i will be able to mouser. so many do you have tucked away mouser ? i am sure you have a fleet.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I have been reading and watching sale ad's and researched what i can . Until last night i was reading hal's resto thread. Finally went to bed at 6 am , lmao. I am sick with the gearhead disease, :wink2:. I really want a v drive, hot rod cruiser for around the lakes. I have alot of years in the auto industry, so i do mind getting my hands dirty. I Really like the hydro's and shovel's but i know the flatty's have more room. I am trying to sell or trade the ATK for a project. I prefer to build it so i know it backwards and forwards.
What kind of atk? I dig atks i got one and always interested in another maybe let me know

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am hoping to find a nice sanger hydro or shovel. but i know there are others as nice. Miller is a sweet ride. Everything happens for a reason. so i am sure i will find a good boat and the right one at the right time. Right now would be nice to stasrt the project lol. But really open to any offers and suggestions for a good project. i plan on a nice hot rod cruiser for the lakes.
i think glasgow is about a hour or so away ? not sure

·
SDBA #819
276 Posts
thats a beautiful boat, i wish i could afford to get it. tons of pics of it on THB.

ive found out that a cheap boat isnt always a cheap boat. i bought a Cole tr2 and its needs some tlc. sure when im done with it it will be amazing and it will be my boat that i built instead of buying a turn key ride.

i have a nice squirt boat for the lake and the cole for fast.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got to talk to bandit. He gave alot of advice and helped me. I really would like a ski hydro. So i am going to take my time and build more cash to be ready for a good deal. I wish i had the 4500 right now but christmas zapped me this year since my parents needed help. I have seen a couple runner bottoms that are bitchin too. But something about a hydro makes me :)devil

·
grumpy old guy
181 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
there are alot of nice boats on here. alot of people have stepped forward to help me with entering the fun. I really look forward to submerging in this awsome boat world. These boats are so bitchin, man. Thanks for the help and info. :thumb:

·
Highaboosta
3,431 Posts
Do yourself a favor and get a ride in a boat like your looking for before you buy.
Hydro's look cool but your not going to be cruising around the local lakes on the weekends.
You'll be on the trailer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i have been seeing alot of wooden deck flattys and runners. i am diggin those too. But like i said, i am staying open to all options. post some pics up of some runner bottoms and woody decks. I like to see more options beside a hydro. Yes i love hydro's but wanna see more options. post some pics and love the old school.

·
Liar
1,529 Posts
i have been seeing alot of wooden deck flattys and runners. i am diggin those too. But like i said, i am staying open to all options. post some pics up of some runner bottoms and woody decks. I like to see more options beside a hydro. Yes i love hydro's but wanna see more options. post some pics and love the old school.
OSF74: Welcome.

Just to reiterate Unchained's comments....you really need to go on a few test rides (in at least one flat and one hydro) before you buy any project. If you are really looking for something to cruise around local lakes, a Hydro is probably not what you want.

As for wood deckers, here is my 69 RaysonCraft flat:

·
Bass Lake Dream'n
3,082 Posts
ssmike:1536793 said:
OSF74: Welcome.

Just to reiterate Unchained's comments....you really need to go on a few test rides (in at least one flat and one hydro) before you buy any project. If you are really looking for something to cruise around local lakes, a Hydro is probably not what you want.

As for wood deckers, here is my 69 RaysonCraft flat:

Sorry to thread jack, but that boat is beautiful. Miller's Landing? We'll be on Elsinore new years day, see you there Mike?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
no worries dudes. that is why i said i am staying open and taking advice. i am hoping to relocate to northern cali, so i might get a chance to ride in one. Not really a option at this point here. hydros are cool but not dead set on them. yes i would like one. but does not mean i am gonna run out a buy one. I do dig the runner bottoms too. Bandit suggested a runner bottom so i am wanting to see some cool pics to open my view. instead of tunnel vsion on a hydro. But i have heard that dual rudders help the steering on hydros. i am not to sure about a flatty, i think a runner bottom sounding as the best bet. but please keep the pics coming.
I have driven hustlers, apaches, scarabs, cabin cruisers, and runabouts. Love the speed but man it is way too much. no oldschool funk and flavor. i like these boats more pure.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts