Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Member In Training
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know he broke right out of the chute on the Absolute Poker run, maybe the straw that broke the camels back ?!?

·
Registered
973 Posts
maybe Gary will chime in here and tell us whats next :) perhaps he'll drive Hit Man next year since the owner doesn't get to have it out much ;)

·
32 DW X-CAT
2,271 Posts
Comment:

I think it is a smart move not the best timing in the market to sell a 40SS Skater. The Predator has been for sale before so this is no surprise.

From the limited interaction I have in the same circles it seems Gary is giving away far too much in boat/weight while trying to hit some big numbers. Chip Romer is doing 186MPH in a 38 Skater because he has the power to weight ratio.

This would lead me to believe that Gary who really enjoys Shootouts would sell his current boat and build a screaming Shootout contender from scratch...probably piston powered.

It would be interesting to hear the rationale from Gary.

The Predator Skater has become Gary's alter ego on the water--- but hey! change is good so long as he stays in the performance boating circles:D.

KAP

P.S. Whatcha getting Gary?:)sphss

·
40' of Skater
915 Posts
Nothing to be worried about guys.....:D Gary loves the new 40ss, it does everything he wants it to do. It is at Skater now getting some updates and a shiny new coat of clear.

If it sells for the price he wants, and only that price, then he will build a new one asap, probably a SL (super light) version, or maybee a 388, or a 42, or a.........:p

The EFI motors are already coming together. New from the ground up, with some super trick custom built pieces and the ability for the tuner to check our runs in real time........ from his couch. :D They are going to be gigantic power guys, gigantic.

Thanks for the concern....;)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Good to hear...

Nothing to be worried about guys.....:D Gary loves the new 40ss, it does everything he wants it to do. It is at Skater now getting some updates and a shiny new coat of clear.

If it sells for the price he wants, and only that price, then he will build a new one asap, probably a SL (super light) version, or maybee a 388, or a 42, or a.........:p

The EFI motors are already coming together. New from the ground up, with some super trick custom built pieces and the ability for the tuner to check our runs in real time........ from his couch. :D They are going to be gigantic power guys, gigantic.

Thanks for the concern....;)
What drives are going behind this Gigantic power...???

Who's building these monsters...???

Thanks for the update...

·
40' of Skater
915 Posts
hate to rat anybody out in public but I bet it is north of 100 ;) looked and sounded healthy leading the pack at Desert Storm
You know we can't quote numbers on a forum.....;)

I know we both want to break a certain speed. The hardest thing about all of this is just finding a good day. Too hot - nope, lake too flat - nope, too windy - nope, crosswinds -nope, too much boat traffic - nope, too much crosswind coming through the canyon - nope. :D It really takes a perfect day to put up a big number.

·
32 DW X-CAT
2,271 Posts
Hey Line Those Skaters up:

Chip Romer is also selling his 388 Skater which did 186 MPH at LOTO.

I mean really I don't want to be left out I will put my boat up for sale too for the right price:D:)sphss NOT j/kidding.

Someone educate me on the why, what and rationale of putting your boat up for sale right before winter????? Storage fees???:)sphss

KAP

P.S. Your right Erik about the perfect day but having a ton of horsepower and no equipment failures really helps a lot.....;):).

·
40' of Skater
915 Posts
Hey Line Those Skaters up:

Chip Romer is also selling his 388 Skater which did 186 MPH at LOTO.

I mean really I don't want to be left out I will put my boat up for sale too for the right price:D:)sphss NOT j/kidding.

Someone educate me on the why, what and rationale of putting your boat up for sale right before winter????? Storage fees???:)sphss

KAP

P.S. Your right Erik about the perfect day but having a ton of horsepower and no equipment failures really helps a lot.....;):).
I think we found our answer to the insurance question if Chips boat is for sale.....:)Violin

·
Registered
973 Posts
I hope Chip isn't getting rid of it already...that boat is BAD! Chips other boats were no slouch either if memory serves. Triple O/B Skater, that deck boat, that OTHER 36' Skater :)
Of course Never Late, the OG Predator etc were all pretty nice too ;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts