Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the way the economy is,who thinks (which is a good thing i guess,less crowds) there will be less boating than last year ? gas going back up,an iou for your tax rebate,people cant pay the house payment let alone drop a grand for a weekend on the water.whats your 2 cents.

·
Team CJ460
2,191 Posts
the way the economy is,who thinks (which is a good thing i guess,less crowds) there will be less boating than last year ? gas going back up,an iou for your tax rebate,people cant pay the house payment let alone drop a grand for a weekend on the water.whats your 2 cents.
looks like il just have to rob some local banks liquor stores 711's etc etc

·
ERECT MEMBER
2,414 Posts
Im keeping my .02 to myself. A penny saved is a penny earned, so now I am .02 closer to a full tank of gas:D

·
VOTE!
2,123 Posts
She should be boating about the same. The ramps/slips were much more available last year than i can recall in receny years. This year should be even better/worse depending on your perspective.

·
Administrator
16,894 Posts
I don't recall ever having to wait more than 10 minutes at the ramp in 20 years of boating. :)

·
Stihl Kicking
415 Posts
i only go out on the regular weekdays.. no holidays or weekends, so i never see a crowded launch ramp. :)devil

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
Do you understand that nobody outside of California/Arizona has to wait to boat? :D We (the entire continent) don't have to plan a boating trip 2 months in advance for an off holiday weekend and hope to launch. We don't have to wake at 3AM to go sit in line for the ramp. We don't have to drive 4-5 hours TO the lake. We have 5 mile long puddles, to 40 mile long lakes, and endless bays and rivers. Living in Morgan Hill, CA, I could see the water from my house, drive there in 6 minutes and wait 4 hours to HOPE to launch. Montana, we had Lake Como 30 minutes to the south, and Flathead an hour and a half to the north. Pennsylvania, we had the Clarion River 20 minutes to the ramp, and Raystown Lake and hour and half away. Connecticut, I have the Connecticut River and several ramps to choose from within 25 minutes, and more lakes than I know what to do with within an hour. Yes, I'm rubbing it in, but I sure don't miss sitting on a ramp, watching countless boats go by, hoping someone leaves so the other 25 trucks in front of me can launch one boat, and make it 24 to go. But hey, you guys can boat year round. :D :)hand

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Do you understand that nobody outside of California/Arizona has to wait to boat? :D We (the entire continent) don't have to plan a boating trip 2 months in advance for an off holiday weekend and hope to launch. We don't have to wake at 3AM to go sit in line for the ramp. We don't have to drive 4-5 hours TO the lake. We have 5 mile long puddles, to 40 mile long lakes, and endless bays and rivers. Living in Morgan Hill, CA, I could see the water from my house, drive there in 6 minutes and wait 4 hours to HOPE to launch. Montana, we had Lake Como 30 minutes to the south, and Flathead an hour and a half to the north. Pennsylvania, we had the Clarion River 20 minutes to the ramp, and Raystown Lake and hour and half away. Connecticut, I have the Connecticut River and several ramps to choose from within 25 minutes, and more lakes than I know what to do with within an hour. Yes, I'm rubbing it in, but I sure don't miss sitting on a ramp, watching countless boats go by, hoping someone leaves so the other 25 trucks in front of me can launch one boat, and make it 24 to go. But hey, you guys can boat year round. :D :)hand

I drive 10 mins. to ramp, never a line, boat year round. But I only boat Mon.- Fri. here in Havi. :)grn:)hand

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I think this economy is going to slow a lot of the bigger boats from coming out as often but for me I can do a whole weekend in my boat for about 150 bucks including Carne Asada. So I will most likely be out every other weekend if not ever weekend this summer.... Just so long as I get the damned pig back together.

·
Sushi Inspector
2,387 Posts
I think this economy is going to slow a lot of the bigger boats from coming out as often but for me I can do a whole weekend in my boat for about 150 bucks including Carne Asada. So I will most likely be out every other weekend if not ever weekend this summer.... Just so long as I get the damned pig back together.
$150 is 4 weekends for me running all day long!!

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
I drive 10 mins. to ramp, never a line, boat year round. But I only boat Mon.- Fri. here in Havi. :)grn:)hand

I hear ya, thats the way it should be but some of us have to work during the week. ;)
I've been that guy waiting on the ramp, but that was sooooooo long ago.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts