Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont mind them on the field interviewing a player or coach; but I cant stand listening to Suzy Kolber with the boys in the studio.
The trend seems to be more female reporters; networks making these moves because they are good eye candy, trying to be politically correct or audience wants?? NOT ME.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I dont mind them on the field interviewing a player or coach; but I cant stand listening to Suzy Kolber with the boys in the studio.
The trend seems to be more female reporters; networks making these moves because they are good eye candy, trying to be politically correct or audience wants?? NOT ME.[/QUOTE I would have to say it is because of the networks trying to be politically correct. If I want to see eye candy, I will look at the women of performance boats thread. ;)

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Unless they coached, or played Leave em-
I never had much tolerance for commentators that never played or coached the game.

Guys like Brent (I never played the game) Mussberger etc. can just can it.

If it were up to me the game would be un announced with no commentators
I dont need to be told what I just watched "SO and so fumbled the ball" ...no shit really? didnt I just watch him do that on my 62' High def screen captain obvious?

Call me old school If I want to see chicks Ill go to the lake, and outside of
Rampgirl or a select few others there arent many I really want to hear.
Note: there arent many guys I want to listen to either

As someone who earns a living by talking, when Im not working I prefer a big cup of shut the fuck up all around me.

Uncle Dave

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts
If it were up to me the game would be un announced with no commentators
I dont need to be told what I just watched "SO and so fumbled the ball" ...no shit really? didnt I just watch him do that on my 62' High def screen captain obvious?

Uncle Dave
Remember when they tried that? I think it was a Monday night game. Years ago.

I thought it would be great, but gotta say it was painfully boring not being able to yell at the announcers!

·
Premium Member
4,020 Posts
Suzy is better than Eric Dickerson was, and not much worse than Phil Simms. :D

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
Guys like Brent (I never played the game) Mussberger etc. can just can it.
Uncle Dave
The movie "Water Boy" was excruciating but one line makes it worth watching over again.
Dan Fouts "Shut-up Brent!"
I've repeated that line well over a million times!

·
Will work for Boat
790 Posts
Chick announcers...Backstreet Boys halftime shows...they're all meant to do one thing, and one thing only:
Attract the female audience.

The league knows their fan base is men, so they're reaching out to get more female eyeballs to watch.
It's all about how many eyeballs you can deliver to your advertisers, so they've gone from a narrow-net "dudes watching games" to casting a much wider net.
Problem is, they're pissing off a lot of guys in the process.

Unless they coached, or played Leave em-
I never had much tolerance for commentators that never played or coached the game.
x2
The NFL Network has the absolute best commentators IMHO, because these guys played the game, and give a ton of insights.
If you've never watched, check out "Playbook", "Playbook NFC" and "Playbook AFC" on the NFL Network. Great analysis of the previous week's games, insight into what they're doing on the field in certain situations, and WHY they're doing it.

·
Premium Member
2,028 Posts
Didn't like the Kolber deal at all!! ...to much pregame crap! over analyzing everything!!! enough already, just play the game!!!

·
Registered
560 Posts
I'm gonna step in here as the "Female Audience"... and personally we watch football every week... and in person... and and and...

PERSONALLY... I say get rid of the biatches!!! Their voices are annoying... their knowledge SUCKS... they ask questions that leave the players with a blank stare... and are just annoying!!!

Look if I were a female comentator... I would shut up... have a steak and beer on a tray for the players and after they say hello and enjoy thier steak I'd proudly smack thier hiney's for good measure!!! To me thats all they are good for... MAYBE they can be allowed into the locker room?? That would be interesting!!! LMAO!!!

Hey I gotta see the D's & B's too... you men are sooo stingy!!! LOL

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mrs. Bear Down

Love the honest perspective. You are the perfect woman; if only there was no Mr. Bear.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Thing is that most of the woman commentators arent even good eye candy. They are typically older and really have nothing to add or say in my opinion. If it was a young hottie you could at least have something pleasing on the eyes.

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,464 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dressed like that I am sure she won't capture any male attention. Lol

Hope she doesn't try to sue the players for noticing that she is attractive and smiling at her.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Dressed like that I am sure she won't capture any male attention. Lol

Hope she doesn't try to sue the players for noticing that she is attractive and smiling at her.

I've said it before and I will say it again... "We are women... we ALL love attention"!!! LMAO!!

·
Slum Lord
2,854 Posts
As crappy as some of the male announcers are they should be thrown in the same heap as them other girls.

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
Maybe there should be an unwritten rule that says they should've played the sport they are covering so we don't end up with any more Brent Musburgers.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts