Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Floatin dirty
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few to many things going on right now and just got out of some major hip surgery the other day so going to see if there is any interest in this:

I have a custom built 5.56/.223 rifle from RifleGear. It has a 14.5" Daniel Defense CHF barrel with 1-7 twist. Pinned on vortex flash hider. Mid length gas system. 14" DD quadrails and DD bolt carrier group along with DD lower parts kit as well. The upper and lower are RifleGear (Mega Arms) receivers and has the BB installed. Magpul MOE stock and grip. Also has brand new Aimpoint Pro red dot sight along with Magpul flip up back up sights.

Looking to get $2000 with the Aimpoint or will sell the rifle separate for $1700. I am in the IE so could use Ammo Bros for the transfer if local. Will ship if buyer pays for shipping and insurance and needs to be shipped to an FFL.

I will try and get some pics up in the next few days if I can even stand up with my hip. It's a bitch getting old. PM me if interested.

·
Boatless Member :(
3,006 Posts
Post on calguns if nobody here bites.

May want to mention number of rounds through the barrel and measure the total length with the pinned flash supressor for reassurance it meets 16''. Also if any mags are included and what type as those are a premium right now.

·
Floatin dirty
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, only has a few test rounds through it fired by the company (RifleGear). Already posted on Calguns and no mags to offer with the deal. I have 2 Noveske's coming in (5.56 and .300) along with some other 5.56 rifles already and just don't need this additional set up right now. It is 16.1 with the pinned hider.

·
27 Victory 800efi
420 Posts
Sounds like a nice gun. Just got my Florida CCW so I gotta buy some handguns first, but this would be a nice gun to have...:rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about your hip, hope you feel better soon! I presume you'll be up to full speed by boating season. :)hand

·
Boatless Member :(
3,006 Posts
Snow man, it's most likely chambered to accept both although I'm sure you know there different rounds. Most of the company's producing these now chamber them to feed and fire either .
5.56 and .223 chambered rifles will feed and fire both. Firing .223 in a 5.56 chamber is safe. Firing 5.56 in a .223 is not safe.

Firing 5.56 in a .223 chamber will result in a ~17.5k psi over the standard pressure of 55k psi for .223.

You can do it, but at some point something will go bad.

Military spec chambers/ammo measures pressure at a different spot so if you compare .223 to 5.56 it's basically the same pressures but measured at different spots so it is extremely misleading.

·
Just Me
4,107 Posts
Snow man, it's most likely chambered to accept both although I'm sure you know there different rounds. Most of the company's producing these now chamber them to feed and fire either .
Many receivers list both but the barrels are chambered for one or the other usually. And the are problems shooting the other usually. Not major problems but still they don't usually handle both the same.
5.56 and .223 chambered rifles will feed and fire both. Firing .223 in a 5.56 chamber is safe. Firing 5.56 in a .223 is not safe.

Firing 5.56 in a .223 chamber will result in a ~17.5k psi over the standard pressure of 55k psi for .223.

You can do it, but at some point something will go bad.

Military spec chambers/ammo measures pressure at a different spot so if you compare .223 to 5.56 it's basically the same pressures but measured at different spots so it is extremely misleading.
Firing a 5.56 in a 223 chamber can result in swelled brass that doesn't eject properly among other problems. Firing 223 in a 5.56 results in a loss of accuracy. The Wylde chamber is one of a couple that shoot both fairly well. Neither round has an advantage over the other.

The reason I asked is I know what my preference is and the right answer makes it more desirable to me. Especially since I sold all my guns and wouldn't mind having one again to shoot rabbits.

·
Floatin dirty
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the interest and sorry have not been able to update due to laying down a lot with pain meds but the rifle sold within a very short time of being posted on Calguns.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts