Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
I don't get this thread? Don't you and your family wear shorts in the summer? Or when you are on vacation? Essentially they are getting out of the family car when on holiday, what's the problem?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't get this thread? Don't you and your family wear shorts in the summer? Or when you are on vacation? Essentially they are getting out of the family car when on holiday, what's the problem?
We're not a Presidential family. :)sphss

·
@ The Islander
4,182 Posts
Give me a break, what would my family wear on vacation to Arizona in August? F'n shorts. Who cares?

There are bigger problems to deal with, the more people bitch about the stupid stuff, the less crediability they have. It's like crying wolf.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're right.

Next time she should wear a bikini or a thong. Who cares, shes only the first Lady. Not like she's anyone of importance.

My bad.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Give me a break, what would my family wear on vacation to Arizona in August? F'n shorts. Who cares?

There are bigger problems to deal with, the more people bitch about the stupid stuff, the less crediability they have. It's like crying wolf.
i feel the same way ... doesn't bother me at all.

i wouldnt want to be in a stuffy suit in hot weather.:)sphss

·
Distinguished Member
5,790 Posts
And if she was a Republican, most around here would not have noticed or would be sticking up for her. Jeeez, I didn't vote for O either, but dogging his wife because she wore shorts? Yea, she's the First Lady and all, but this is a complete non-issue and the dumbest thing to be covered in the news for at least a day or so.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
from my understanding, they were there to visit the grand canyon.

granted ... if they were there for some kind of presentation and was dressed like that ... thats one thing.

my .02

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Do you really think its a dumb story? maybe, maybe not.

You have a controversial President who's ratings are falling. Maybe she's just controversial by association. But wouldn't you take all factors into consideration before making the decision to present yourself like that to the public? Or do you say screw the haters and do whatever you want?

Personally I think it's a poor judgment call on her part. Is it a crisis situation? absolutely not. Are there more important things to worry about, absofockinlutely. But for christs sakes, you're the first lady, show some class and respect for the position and don't give the haters any ammo.

Flame on :)hand

·
Hub Cap Annie & Wheel
1,926 Posts
I agree w/Rvr Rat. She is our countries first lady, the presidency(sp) and being the first lady is a priveledge and IMO shouldn't be taken lightly. If we are here having this discussion, well than just maybe the other leaders of the world just maybe thinking the same, I don't know but IMO she should present herself in a much more proper manner. We the tax payers pay tons of money to fly them around, spoil them with the finest life has to offer and she presents herself looking like a damn hobo. If you want to be yourself and dress like that than have your husband choose another path in life, the one that doesn't represent my country and IMO make a mochary(sp) while doing so. And yes if Bush, Reagan etc would have presented themselves the same you'de hear me respond the same, but if you all remember when Bush was at his ranch, he presented himself at least while on camera wearing proper ranch attire. I agree there are bigger things to worry about but I'm responding to this thread.

BTW, I agree 100% she can wear what she wants, just feel she should choose better timing that's all.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
i do think that if she were there for some kind of ceremony, then by all means she would've had to been dressed differently. i just dont think its that big of a deal because they were there to see the grand canyon.

in fact, i think it would've been weird to see her all done up while overlooking the grand canyon:D

and that would go for any president/first lady regardless of popularity in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 224 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.