Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a edelbrock performer rpm post kit that I had acquired from a friend. I have been doing all the research I can and I'm still confused as hell. I searched and found a thread about a jet spreads. Looking online, edelbrock says this kit for a 100 shot should use a 59 nitrous and a 59 fuel jet. Now, some online calculators say a 59 nitrous jet with a smaller fuel jet. The thread on here talks about fuel being 8-10 jets smaller. Help please.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

·
Distinguished Member
5,782 Posts
59 square will be pig fat. With a 59 jet, I ran a 48 fuel jet with 5.5 lbs fuel pressure. These small plate systems are pretty forgiving if you don't try to put them on kill. Fuel pressure matters almost as much as what jet. Run a 12-803 Holley reg for each stage and check the pressure with the reg flowing through either a 0.073 or whatever fuel jet you're running (either works, some prefer one over the other. I use a 0.073 jet). Make sure you pull about 2-3 degrees per 50 HP of nitrous you flow when the spray is on. Timing is another thing that gets pretty critical if you start leaning on it. Lastly, bottle pressure matters too. I aim for about 950 lbs either heating or cooling as necessary to get it right.
That should get you close. Want a lot more detailed info, go over to Yellow Bullet Nitrous forum and search on plate systems. Everything you need to know is there... good luck. Nitrous is truly sex in a bottle and IMO, the perfect power adder for drag racing....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts