Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, it's 108 at the river and my bottle pressure is about 1100 with the boat in the shop. The Edlebrock purge solenoid won't open with that kind of pressure. Of course the nitrous solenoids won't open either. Is there a better purge system out there that will open with that kind of pressure? I've been in situations where the nitrous would'nt hit because of pressure build up while on the holding rope.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I run a regulator straight off the bottle so that the pressure feeding the system is always where I set it unless the bottle pressure is lower than pressure set on the reg. Then I tune with the reg to up a bit of pressure or lower it depending on what what the tune needs/wants.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
So, it's 108 at the river and my bottle pressure is about 1100 with the boat in the shop. The Edlebrock purge solenoid won't open with that kind of pressure. Of course the nitrous solenoids won't open either. Is there a better purge system out there that will open with that kind of pressure? I've been in situations where the nitrous would'nt hit because of pressure build up while on the holding rope.
1100 lbs shouldn't be a problem with solenoids. Otherwise a wet towel or find another way to cool the bottle down.

If you are having a really big problem with it. Check out this Pressure Pro Nitrous Regulator they sell two version one for 125hp and another for 500hp kits.

·
"BOATLESS"
3,468 Posts
Make sure the bottle knob valve is open this Regatta trip!! LOL:))THumbsUp J/K!

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
1100 lbs shouldn't be a problem with solenoids. Otherwise a wet towel or find another way to cool the bottle down.

If you are having a really big problem with it. Check out this Pressure Pro Nitrous Regulator they sell two version one for 125hp and another for 500hp kits.
I agree Kjell!! I've scene mine at 1100 all day long and open and my solenoids are ancient!!! Also, I believe if you increase the voltage to operate the solenoids that helps!!! I run mine thru an accuvolt which has a constant 14 volts delivered to them.. Rich, I started leaving the nitrous bottle off until I'm getting ready to run.. I'm to afraid of the damn things leaking and blowing the chit off the top of the motor.. Mike DeClark gave me the ahhhhh moment.. After he told me that I even purge the line when going to the pits!! Guess I'm scared!!!;)

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
I agree Kjell!! I've scene mine at 1100 all day long and open and my solenoids are ancient!!! Also, I believe if you increase the voltage to operate the solenoids that helps!!! I run mine thru an accuvolt which has a constant 14 volts delivered to them.. Rich, I started leaving the nitrous bottle off until I'm getting ready to run.. I'm to afraid of the damn things leaking and blowing the chit off the top of the motor.. Mike DeClark gave me the ahhhhh moment.. After he told me that I even purge the line when going to the pits!! Guess I'm scared!!!;)
For sure Vince, I don't open my bottle until the motor is running and lights are flashing yellow, then I close the valve and purge the pressure in the lines before I turn the motor off coming into the out ramp

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
For sure Vince, I don't open my bottle until the motor is running and lights are flashing yellow, then I close the valve and purge the pressure in the lines before I turn the motor off coming into the out ramp
x2. whenever I run the stuff...

·
Registered
950 Posts
I always used a wet towel and it was fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You only need 900-920 PSI. If it's getting to 1100 PSI, start with a lower pressure and let it heat up to 900 while your waiting. Nitrous density goes down as pressure goes up. It will hit hard at 1000 PSI but it will lose pressure faster. 900 will not drop pressure as quick.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Vince run from the bottle to a SS 3000psi ball valve moubted next to your seat or between you legs. Open the bottle when u launch and open the valve when staged. After a pasd close the valve and purge pressure off the noids an close the bottle. Rather than purge the entire line out or leave pressure on the noids. Works well in our cars

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
497 Posts
Btw what is voltage at the purge noid and what gauge wire ? Dhould open at 1100

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts