Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys whats the difference between medical grade nitrous and the nitrous we run in our boat i know the nitouse we run has sulfer in it but is there anything else, i have a dentist buddy that can hook me up i just didnt want to screw my motor up

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Hey guys whats the difference between medical grade nitrous and the nitrous we run in our boat i know the nitouse we run has sulfer in it but is there anything else, i have a dentist buddy that can hook me up i just didnt want to screw my motor up
I've ran both and couldnt tell any diff. They say that the stuff with the sulfer will try to stop up filters and stuff but I never had any issues.
You want to watch were you store the stuff though. If kids get hold of it and snort it you may have a liability problem.;)

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
It's the same stuff (N2O). The sulpher is in the consumer stuff to keep people from huffing it, but it works the same in your motor.

·
AKA Blownjet 468
1,205 Posts
I used to get it in the big bottle from my welding gas supplier- all I had to do was to fill
out a form saying what I was using it for, and that it wouldn't be abused:smoking-cannabis-03:schreck:if ya
know what I mean! only diff. is the sulfur dioxide added to make it undesireable to inhale!
can't get it anymore tho'....

·
Administrator
16,877 Posts
Comes in handy when you run out of beer. :)bulb

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts
Comes in handy with beer !!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts