Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking of putting nitrous in my winger but i wanna learn more about it any help.i couldnt find any previous threads

·
Registered
137 Posts
Just a thought, I have had two buddies in the last month have nitrous blurps were it backfired up threw there intakes and broke alot of stuff, I would suggest just go big ci on the motor, way safer.....

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts
Just be sure to bleed the system before parking the boat. In the past I shut the bottle and made 1 more blast till it layed over and called it good never had a problem Not to say thats fool proof.

·
The Man
1,788 Posts
Nitrous is like a really hot chick with an STD...you know you wanna hit it, you're just afraid of the consequences :)

·
The Man
1,788 Posts
Just be sure to bleed the system before parking the boat. In the past I shut the bottle and made 1 more blast till it layed over and called it good never had a problem Not to say thats fool proof.
Yep. I've always shut the bottle off and then hit the purge to clear the line out. I figure it's better to lose a few ounces of n20 than have it sit there and possibly end up seeping past a leaky solenoid and then :)st

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts
thinking of putting nitrous in my winger but i wanna learn more about it any help.i couldnt find any previous threads
I always say " There are two types of Nitrous users, those who have blown-up shit and those who will" ;)

but all in all it's a blast...................... SEX in a bottle.........it will curl your toes.

BTW....what size engine and how big of a shot of Nos? There are threads on here, I'll see if I can find a couple.

S CP

·
"BOATLESS"
3,468 Posts
As long as you set your system up correct and don't half ass it and you have the internals to handle it then you will have years of fun.

Steve B from westech dyno told me what I needed and had to have, I listen to him and have been threw countless bottles ever sense.

·
Bostick Racing Engines
1,063 Posts
Cruise on by and we'll get ya handled... I may have something lying about that you could give a try... got lots of good stuff on and under shelfs and benches around here. It's a little more involved than a couple of short text messages... but fairly straight forward.

·
Premium Member
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i got a 468 but not really sure whats in it so im gunna do a tear down after the ypt then go from there possibly some were in the 200 to 300 shot im not scared:)devili wanna do this :partyguy:thanks for the info and thanks for the lessons bostick ill be bye there later in the week to drop you some coin

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Do yourself a favor and do a fogger system, you will be happy in the long run especially at higher levels like 300.

·
Premium Member
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
gonna have my buddy james "six oh nine" set me up hes a badass and can build it right :))THumbsUpthanks anyway

·
Registered
520 Posts
I would suggest the purchase of Nitrous Master from Koehler injection. It is a program that will tell you all you need to know about nitrous systems and gives you a computer program for tuning your nitrous system the correct way. Great info and tuneups that work :)bulb

·
655 Posts
Or, the Farmer John method:
Just keep adding nitrous until it lifts the heads, then, back it off just a little!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts