Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
BUSBY said:
65 boats ... 10 more than last year's opener.

BB
how did you come up with 65 boats?? the results posted indicate a total boat count significantly less than that.

·
Pro Gas Jet
747 Posts
Jim Burrows ran a 7.81 nov.16 2003. and set the mph at 130.31 six months prior. i just got off the phone with him.

·
Amber Racing Services
4,339 Posts
how did you come up with 65 boats?? the results posted indicate a total boat count significantly less than that.
Well Bob ... I was in the tower with Lisa and looked at the list of entries, total boat count on the list was 65 ... what's your point? You were there ... did it seem like less than 65 boats to you or something?

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
How did H Trayler get our Pro Gas Jet Record of !22.34 MPH that we set last Oct ?.Never got the certificates either. :|err
Ron Pitts/ Brad Parrack.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
How did H Trayler get our Pro Gas Jet Record of !22.34 MPH that we set last Oct ?.Never got the certificates either. :|err
Ron Pitts/ Brad Parrack.
I never got my cert either.

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
Well Bob ... I was in the tower with Lisa and looked at the list of entries, total boat count on the list was 65 ... what's your point? You were there ... did it seem like less than 65 boats to you or something?
i'm just curious how you came up with 65, and how you came to the conclusion that there were more boats there than there were at last years opener, because the results posted on the NJBA website, for both this year and last year, do not support that statement. if we're having more participation, that's great.
the question is, were there several boats running in brackets/classes/rr/exhibition that are not identified in the results posted?

·
Amber Racing Services
4,339 Posts
i'm just curious how you came up with 65, and how you came to the conclusion that there were more boats there than there were at last years opener, because the results posted on the NJBA website, for both this year and last year, do not support that statement. if we're having more participation, that's great.
the question is, were there several boats running in brackets/classes/rr/exhibition that are not identified in the results posted?
I looked at the regitration sheet in the tower, total registered boat count was 65. Board members also get an excel spreadsheet e-mailed to them with attendee's, results, etc. sent to them after the race.

I simply opened the spreadsheet I had from last year and looked at the total number of boats registered vs. this year.

Where you might be seeing a difference is that we only post the Sunday results on the web, we don't post Saturday's qualifying passes. Sometimes people register and don't show or never hit the water because the break and get their rain check, therefore they will not be put on the Sunday ladders. Sometimes they break and pull themselves out of competition on Saturday night and aren't posted on Sunday's ladder so they don't screw with points.

Hope that answers your question ... the registration list had 65 boats on it ... I didn't actually walk the pits and count every single boat in competition in the water.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Don't worry Big John, we didn't get our Cert. either when we Legged & Backed It Up ..... Oh Yeah, I Forgot (Like Hell), you were 000.74 mph faster than us. :D
But you have way more power and a lot more CI than I do

·
Owner/Crew Chief
443 Posts
But you have way more power and a lot more CI than I do
But your boat is waaaaaay lighter than ours! :))eek:))

We gotta have something to try and make up the difference. :D

P.S.: We're still not using all the power the motor's capable of, can't afford to ... maintenance, maintenance, maintenance, ... $$$$$.$$ :)Unsure

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
But your boat is waaaaaay lighter than ours! :))eek:))

We gotta have something to try and make up the difference. :D

P.S.: We're still not using all the power the motor's capable of, can't afford to ... maintenance, maintenance, maintenance, ... $$$$$.$$ :)Unsure
Your driver is way lighter than me.

·
Owner/Crew Chief
443 Posts
John,

Your weight and that hull are a Good Thing ... You keep the boat from gettn' too unhooked on the Big End.

When skinny James was driving it for his uncle, Jim P. he used to get out of it after the 1/8th and Jim would Yell at him WHY ... James would always answer "It's unhooking and was getting ready to do I don't know what".

Your weight is definately an advantage in that boat.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts