Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, our 2008 Season has concluded. This was a transition year for the NJBA. Big changes and improvements with a tremendous effort by many individuals. Some of our changes included new Lights, a modern computer timing system, remote time slip printer, improved FM sound system, Road sign advertising, better Tower location, better local News coverage. Our board consists of volunteers that coordinate the functions of our Association. But there are specific people who should be thanked who contribute a great deal on a Race weekend to provide you, the Racer and Spectator, with the venue and organization to have a Dragboat race.

My Thanks to:

Peggy - who for years has watched the main gate admission for us.

In/Out Ramp - the guys and gals who pull us to the rope or put us on the trailer. Waterlogged for two days, they make it easier for us.

Tower Team - Lisa, Karen, Denise...who spend hours starting on Friday, late thru Saturday and all day Sunday keeping the IT program going.

Ken Simmonds, Steve Sharp, Rocky, Jerry, Bruce....who start the course setup as early as Wednesday.

Don Jones, Alan Doer...who lay a mile of cable, set sensors then coordinate the in ramp and starting line all weekend.

Rescue...who spend hours staged and ready to respond, so we can have a safe race.

Jeff Fry...our announcer who keeps the show moving, never at a loss for words, the consumate professional.

Tech...Joe Shelfo, Armand, Nick...who make sure our safety standards are met and your life is protected.

Roger Roadstrom Sr and Jim Guthrie...for their experience, advice and overall direction of our Association.

Thank you all who remained afterwards on Sunday to wrap up and help put the course away.

2009 will have new changes that will make our program more competitive and in line with other organizations. The fall and winter will pass quickly and our season will start before you know it. It has been a pleasure and a great learming experience for me serving as your Race Director.

Thank you,

Sam Villavicencio
Race Director :)hand

·
Speedy Member
6,785 Posts
Sam,

You and your staff have taken NJBA in a new direction. We appreciate what you have done and thank you again for helping my parents out.

See you next year,

Tony Scarlata

·
The member
3,244 Posts
Thank you, to everyone involved I had a great time and not a lot of hassle. Everything seemed to run very smoothly. See you next season.

Raymond Dane/ boat 646

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Sam,
Congrats on a successful year and thanks for putting on a great race!! We had a great time!! We will definitely be back for more next year!! I'm excited to see what NJBA has in store for 2009!!!

·
love them squaw
78 Posts
NJBA rules, to all the racers, pit helpers, rescue, in/out ramp rats, timing peeps, volunteers, boardmembers. This assoc. is on its way to being the premier place to race, come on out and see it for your self. To all the people who haven't been involved for sometime you all need to show up and try it again, you won't be disapointed, try it you'll like it:)devil:)devil

Lets help these guys grow, it's worth your while, there here to stay.:D;)
now back to making a new tp, the cold season is coming upon us "how":)

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Thanks to all the people who work hard so we can all race. NJBA has done a great job and will continue to grow. Thanks again

·
A-HOLE HICK
829 Posts
Sam, I have not been to an NJBA race for sometime but have only been hearing great reviews, I will attend and lend support to our local racers very soon. Also as a side note lets all pray for some economic recovery so all can participate and have a good and safe time.

Sincerely, Pat Eason

·
Speedy Member
6,785 Posts
Sam, I have not been to an NJBA race for sometime but have only been hearing great reviews, I will attend and lend support to our local racers very soon. Also as a side note lets all pray for some economic recovery so all can participate and have a good and safe time.

Sincerely, Pat Eason
Who is this and what did you do to Eason?

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Yep NJBA had a bad ass season. I hit every event and had a blast at all of them. I look forward to these races more than anything. Thanks to everyone who busted ass so we had a place to race. For you sportsman guys, give NJBA a chance, the competition is unreal these days.

Chris.

·
WET MEMBER
1,251 Posts
This was my first full race season at the NJBA and they make you feel like family, Don does a great job getting the boat to the in-ramp and pared up, Jeff there was a woman anouncing sunday and it threw me off, everything went really smooth for me and I will be back next year. I want to thank everone in the NJBA for all the hard work they put forth to make it a very successful year and well organized. I love the new lights I was really getting my reaction times down. What a great year.
Untill next year
Rich
Boat 625
Radical Behavior

·
Precision Craft Marine
1,563 Posts
I was so happy racing with the NJBA at the sept event, It has brought new light to our racing program. As Sam has named many people involved, they do deserve much appreciation.
I have heard alot of positive input about the next year.
The NJBA is seriously making steps foward to be the best they can.
I personally want to thank everyone , From the NJBA, the racers, the crew members, the in and out ramp people, especially the rescue team for really looking out for best interest, safe racing. Everyone that even makes the trip to see their friends race, the wives of the racers that put up with us.
The entire group that makes the NJBA a family, makes me feel at home.
Now, our goal as a whole should be to build, and promote entry level, as well as welcome the heavy hitters from other clubs, and give them the same feeling that we have.
In the past, I raced with the ihba because the competition was really good.
The competition is now at that same level with the NJBA, and if you dont believe it, then bring it.
We should also welcome the outboard racers as well.
Sam, you did a great job, and you are and your wife are great people. Thanks again for everything, and a special thanks to all of my customers that patronize our boat shop.:)hand Joe.

·
Distinguished Member
5,782 Posts
My first year back racing after a long haitus. NJBA has done a great job putting on safe, highly competitive and fun events. I can't say enough about the association, the people and the racing. I'm sorry the season is over.

·
Antique Member
906 Posts
Thanks Sam

Kudos to all of the NJBA Volunteers. Sammy looked like a one legged man in a butt kicking contest last week! Talk about attention to detail!! Sorry I couldn't finish the season-next year though!
Denis:)devil

1 - 14 of 14 Posts