Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
April 28, 2009

Lake Elsinore, California

The National Jet boat Association is pleased to announce the return of professional drag boat racing to Riverside County, California, with the Thunder in the Channel II race. Fresh off the success of the March race at Lake Elsinore, the NJBA is bringing the noise, speed, and fire of high performance boat racing back with a vengeance during the weekend of May 30-31 2009.

The March event was highlighted not only by a record spectator and racer turnout, but also by the fastest pass ever by a Top Alcohol Hydro boat, a record run by Mike Fry in the Meanstreak hydro, of 5.49 seconds at more than 223 mph down the liquid quarter mile race course.

Thunder in the Channel II will be even more exciting thanks to the race course being turned around, which will not only cut down on delays between races, but also offers a better view for spectators and better access to the pit area, which has been moved alongside the race course. Saturday’s qualifying session will also end with a live band performing at the track from 5-7 pm. As a bonus, ice cold beer and wine, and piping hot food will be sold throughout the event area, instead of inside a small beer garden.

The positive changes aren’t just for the spectators. Racers will be excited to hear that the NJBA has increased the purse substantially at this race. Any class with 8 or more boats qualified will pay $1,000 to the winner and $250 to the runner-up. Any class with 5 or more boats qualified will pay $500 to the winner and $150 to the runner-up. The Top Alcohol Hydro class will pay out $2,000 to the winner and $1,000 to the runner-up and in Top Alcohol Flat, the winner will receive $1,500 and the runner-up $750. All trophies and payouts will be awarded at the race track after the race concludes.

Once again, on site camping will be available to the first 50 pre-registered race teams for $80.00, and is limited to one RV or toy hauler per boat. For more information, visit www.njbaracing.net

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Nice!!! Who cares when Ming gets done. I guess I will be at elsinore again.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Excellent news! Thanks Cyclone, and THANK YOU NJBA officers/volunteers for all your hard work to make this happen!!!

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Sounds like you took into account all our pissing and moaning. lol. Are they giving the spectators free food and beer and tram rides too this time? I Know that was on the wish list. lol. I am glad you got this together again. My wife was not as excited when I came into bed at 11:30 and told her the news.

·
Boss of the McIntyre Mob
1,981 Posts
HELL YEA!!!!!!:)devil:)devil:)devil:)devil

Way to go NJBA!!!!!

To all the nay sayers and negitive people, NJBA know exactly what they are doing!

·
Driver
3,195 Posts
does this mean if i come down and race were parting in your trailer again
dan

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts
Nice....:)devil

S CP :D

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts
does this mean we'll see you on the track with the station wagon?
Still trying to figure out how I'm getting my son to Hawaii for his B-day present.

I have way to much pride to " pass the hat" to ask family and friends and fellow boaters to support my boating habit this year.

The first 4 month of this year have been "butt ugly" in the aggregate materials and recycling business. Even-though my wife gives me free reign to do what I want when I want spending any extra money at Elsinore at the end of May would just be foolish on my behalf. I may be crazy but I'm not stupid.

Will try my best at the end of the season to make a race (Elsinore is so close it would be perfect). We have tons of quotes out for jobs that are supposed to go this Summer, but then again so does every other supplier in town :)bulb

S CP :(

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
I was not "partying". I was racing. :p:)devil
Racing to the cooler for your next beer!!!

Bitchen job NJBA, should be a stellar weekend of racing..now if i can round up the funds to go race.

Hmm, anyone want to sponsor a pro gas jet -S/E ???

·
92 KURTIS RUNNER BOTTOM
1,374 Posts
Racing to the cooler for your next beer!!!

Bitchen job NJBA, should be a stellar weekend of racing..now if i can round up the funds to go race.

Hmm, anyone want to sponsor a pro gas jet -S/E ???
WHO'S?:D
A re you going to BR memeorial day weekend?:)bulb

1 - 20 of 80 Posts