Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some good racing going on out in Bakersfield this weekend, some big numbers being put up and it was a safe weekend for all the racers. Unfortunatly Im stuck in Bakersfield tonight with a bad cold and a wasted wheel bearing on my trailer.:mad:

509 boat was insane, well into the 7s
Bandy 7.7s
Morgan 7.8s in the flat
Miller 7.8s and 8.0 winner
Cyclone won 8.5s and ran good.
BP won 10s
Penberthy was in the 5150 hydro and ran real hard.
Widowmaker won 9.50s and was looking good.
Hicks won ubfj and 7.5
Roznos won 9.0

Cant remember what else.:)sphss

Awesome weekend for the 418 crew, qualified 2nd in 8 sec class and 3rd in unblown fuel. Ran best ever 7.94 @ 131 and 4.33 half track. Made some more progress with the boat, real happy about that. Took home the 8.0 runner up through a very tough field. Really looking forward to the new timing system. Huge thanks to Woods for all the help, i wasnt feeling very good today and he was the bomb pit crew, thanks!

·
Registered
911 Posts
Looked real good Chris. Congratulations.
Unfortunately these are the best two shots I got of the 418 boat.
I will post a few more tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Purple headed member
7,646 Posts
Way to go Mike (Cyclone) on taking the 8.50 class. Those damn water pumpin squirt guns sure are laying down some quick ass numbers. You guys gotta head up to CFW in June and show those Nor Cal guys what a jet boat can do.....:)devil:)devil

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
nice job on the 7s now chris.welcome to the club:D

Seems like it wasnt long ago you were in the high 8s low 9s shows the work has paid off.

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys, I about wore myself out trying to make this race so it was awesome to hit the 7s after everything. We made a huge bottom change between these last 2 races that required tearing things down completly and went through the motor at the same time for a check up, it was alot of work. Our plan was to finish putting things back togethor at the race track all day Friday and run it Sat. till we lost a wheel bearing on the grapevine which set us back for a few hours on Friday, we limped the thing into Bako on one wheel and started thrashing.:)st

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congrats chris...

sounds like steve and the boys in 509 stepped it up. Nutzzz :)devil
Dude those guys were hauling the meatloaf, I think they ran a 7.7 something. nuts! I ran them in the bracket, it was a killer race, hope someone got more pics cause it was a great race. i was seriously impressed with that boat this weekend, its no slouch.

·
TEN THIRTY ONE
1,293 Posts
The burnt candles paid off Chris. Congratulations!!! You have to be stoked. Sounds like it was a good weekend of racing for everyone. Nice job!:))THumbsUp

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
flatties

Did anyone se how the All Yellow Canyon Flatty ran? Boat 519?
Never saw that one. Joe Mf'ing Morgan had some WILD rides in his flat, 030 had a crazy ride also, he about lost it but got it back under control and was back on the gas, it was bad ass. I think he had a perfect RT in the bracket also, nice job! Corrupted boat lost a strut at about half track (ugly deal) and the boat sank like instantly. Jeff Martin was driving 590, talked with him for a few minutes, nice meeting you Jeff. 034 butterly went into 7.50 class, that thing hauls! Never heard what 014 ran, its got a pretty wicked looking motor in it. They played some old NJBA videos saturday night after the BBQ/Benefit, man those flatbottom guys used to hang it out there.

·
Speedy Member
6,785 Posts
Never saw that one. Joe Mf'ing Morgan had some WILD rides in his flat, 030 had a crazy ride also, he about lost it but got it back under control and was back on the gas, it was bad ass. I think he had a perfect RT in the bracket also, nice job! Corrupted boat lost a strut at about half track (ugly deal) and the boat sank like instantly. Jeff Martin was driving 590, talked with him for a few minutes, nice meeting you Jeff. 034 butterly went into 7.50 class, that thing hauls! Never heard what 014 ran, its got a pretty wicked looking motor in it. They played some old NJBA videos saturday night after the BBQ/Benefit, man those guys used to hang it out there.
I heard Joe Mutha F'ing Morgan was having some issues. Im gonna call him tomorrow and see I can help figure out what is going on . I heard Butterfly almost tipped it over as well as Torgerson. Talk about hangin it out back in the day, ask Jeff about some of our races back in 2000 and 2001.

·
Prune-Picker
140 Posts
Did anyone se how the All Yellow Canyon Flatty ran? Boat 519?
There was a yellow flat in the 7.50 bracket, but I didn't see his number. Torgeson took him out in the first round.
In the 7.50 final Torgeson cut a .001 light and Hicks ran him down. Wow! When did jets start running down flats? Great race. Looked very close at the finish line.

Cs

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I heard Joe Mutha F'ing Morgan was having some issues. Im gonna call him tomorrow and see I can help figure out what is going on . I heard Butterfly almost tipped it over as well as Torgerson. Talk about hangin it out back in the day, ask Jeff about some of our races back in 2000 and 2001.
We did talk about that, 6.98/150mph in an open boat is just crazy. NHRA qualifying Pro Stock motors in a canyon, I wish I could have seen that stuff go down. He said it was quite a handful to get down the course. He also said he was talking about getting back out there, you guys need to get comp flat going again.

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yellow flat in 7.5s was Denis Porter, 034 butterfly boat. its a 400 inch motor on alky.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Some good racing going on out in Bakersfield this weekend, some big numbers being put up and it was a safe weekend for all the racers. Unfortunatly Im stuck in Bakersfield tonight with a bad cold and a wasted wheel bearing on my trailer.:mad:

509 boat was insane, well into the 7s
Bandy 7.7s
Morgan 7.8s in the flat
Miller 7.8s and 8.0 winner
Cyclone won 8.5s and ran good.
BP won 10s
Penberthy was in the 5150 hydro and ran real hard.
Widowmaker won 9.50s and was looking good.
Hicks won ubfj and 7.5
Roznos won 9.0

Cant remember what else.:)sphss

Awesome weekend for the 418 crew, qualified 2nd in 8 sec class and 3rd in unblown fuel. Ran best ever 7.94 @ 131 and 4.33 half track. Made some more progress with the boat, real happy about that. Took home the 8.0 runner up through a very tough field. Really looking forward to the new timing system. Huge thanks to Woods for all the help, i wasnt feeling very good today and he was the bomb pit crew, thanks!
Any time starky. Thats honestly the best that boat has ever run and you drove the shit out of it all weekend. Couple more races and Jerry better watch out. :D
It was good seeing every one again and congrats to all the winners!!!

1 - 20 of 156 Posts