Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there is a rumor some one is spreading, that we are using light fund moneys for seed money to get TFH to are race. This could not be further from the truth, as everyone was told, this money if for the new lights,new tree and related items. ie. cable, sencors ect. do not beleave this rumor, it is not true, if a TFH shows up it is because they did it on there own, not NJBA promising them something. If any one has a question feel free to contact me about this lie.

it was stated in another thread that the new system is looking like it will be up and running, i have spoke to boardmembers at the track and yes it looks like we will have new timing system and tree for those of you making this race i look forward to seeing you there, it's going to be hot but it will be nice having options of things we can do with this new system. thanks to all involved for your help and support

Tom B. driver/boardmember
714/620-5343

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
cp028, good luck with the new lights!! Can't wait to give them a try.

·
Prune-Picker
140 Posts
There are plenty of shady spots to watch from and sip a cool one. Everyone, come on up. If some Fuelers show up - all the better!

Cs

·
Yummy
26 Posts
none of us have heard anything about this "lie".

cp028, you are spreading rumors with posts like this, i agree with unblowntool, you need to relax.

·
Registered
6,575 Posts
tom is very relaxed and nowhere near a computer right now. he was contacted by two non-board members, asking if the rumor was true.. he didn't start it, just decided to tell the truth and quench it before it spread any further. if you didn't hear it, that's a good thing.
the light fund was established for a very specific purpose; funding a fuel boat's exhibition passes wasn't it.

·
Social
1,250 Posts
tom is very relaxed and nowhere near a computer right now. he was contacted by two non-board members, asking if the rumor was true.. he didn't start it, just decided to tell the truth and quench it before it spread any further. if you didn't hear it, that's a good thing.
the light fund was established for a very specific purpose; funding a fuel boat's exhibition passes wasn't it.
I can not even imagine a fueler trying to do a FULL run at Ming. I would be afraid of them ending up on shore.

·
Crap Flinger
38 Posts
how do you know about the rumor? maybe you are the one who started spreading it?

how do you know if he's telling the truth? maybe he's adding his own spin to a rumor here?

·
Amber Racing Services
4,339 Posts
I will tell the original real truth here, and I have spoken to Mr. Bandy about this already.

I was the one who received the call from Rex Childers about the possibility of Problem Child and possibly Toxic Rocket running at Lake Ming w/ NJBA. I heard what he had in mind and forwarded it over immediately to the club President (Roger Roadstrom) and another board member (Ken Simonds).

I told Roger and Ken about what would be needed to have the fuel boats run and what I thought. They both took the offer into consideration and said they would speak to Eddie Knox (Ken) and Rex (Roger) to see what could (if anything) happen. (basically they wanted $1500 to cover the cost of a drum of Nitro, same as IHBA was offering them to run Chowchilla)

I had said that as a board member & club member that I would vote to try to cover some of that cost if we could afford it. That is my opinion & I would still vote that way (be it from the general fund/prize fund/whatever). Bringing the faster boats to NJBA would bring more spectators IMO and therefore would bring more gate money. More gate money would allow us to pay larger purses. Larger purses makes racers happier and will entice more to come.

That is where the conversations/negotiations ended with me other than very few people asking if it were true, I told them the very basics and that it didn't look very likely. One board member posted here that he had heard that they might be showing up, that perked interests of others ... this is where mis-communications/rumors began.

NJBA's President was the one speaking to Rex Childers after I did the appropriate thing in directing the request over to him. The amount of money was not $3000, Rex had other funds that would/could be available, and to be 100% honest ... it would have not cost the club one dime as others at the last minute had stated that the cost would be sponsored if they wanted to show. Eddie Knox chose to run Chowchilla on his own instead, I don't even know if Toxic Rocket even really considered it, Rex just said they might be interested.

Everything else (including this thread) was done without board permission and should not have been aired here IMO (Tom & I have spoken about that too). NJBA board members have been instructed to not use this forum as a message forum, but Mr. Bandy brought it here for his own reasons (he can chime in if he wishes to explain why, as I don't want to speak for him).

I recommend that if people want information about what is or isn't happening with NJBA, please visit www.njbaracing.net and contact the people on the "contact us" page for info. Those are the individuals who have been authorized by the board to disseminate information for the club.

That is where the TFH and NJBA conversation started and ended, no rumors/lies/untruths ... but facts ... that should end this conversation.

·
Speedy Member
6,785 Posts
Brian,

in my opinion to bring 2 fuel boats to Bakersfield in a short period of time is not going to benefit the club in anyway. There was no time for advertising to entice additional spectators and it would have just lightened NJBAs pockets. The Fuelers going to run there set there stuff up to run 1/8th mile or 1000 feet max because of the short porch. (Understandably so) Another thing, when a fuel team comes to NJBA and asks to run there, they are the ones asking for the water to run. The NJBA is not asking them to come put on a show. . I remember a few years back when Braaksma PAID $1000 to run his boat at NJBA. Granted that $1000 gave him rights to launch his boat at any moment he wanted and went right tho the front of the line but it was revenue for the club. Now you are offering to pay 3k for boats that are asking to run at NJBA with ZERO HOPES FOR RECOUPING IT? In order to make up for the $3000 you would need an additional 300 spectators. Sounds like a pretty small order, but when is the last time NJBA had 300 spectators period? And Im not counting family or crew members. And no that is not a slam on NJBA. I truly feel that with the current state of boat racing and the IHBA, that NJBA has an opportunity to take a huge step.

·
Amber Racing Services
4,339 Posts
it would have just lightened NJBAs pockets.
No it wouldn't have, check your PM's

Now you are offering to pay 3k for boats that are asking to run at NJBA with ZERO HOPES FOR RECOUPING IT?
Again, myself nor NJBA didn't offer to pay the fueler's to come ... they asked and it was forwarded to the President. The costs would have been covered if they chose to come, but it was not NJBA's money being offered.

I truly feel that with the current state of boat racing and the IHBA, that NJBA has an opportunity to take a huge step.
I agree 100% that NJBA is in a position to make a move, that is why I stated that it would be MY VOTE to do what it takes to make any necessary changes.

With that being said, it's a mute point at this time, it didn't happen. If NJBA's board & members choose to make the effort to grow, I will do whatever I can to assist.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts